One step closer

Your pov
I slapped my hands over my eyes once again as yet another person was murdered.

What's with it with these movies?!?

I uncovered my eyes as both me and Gene reached for more popcorn.

We were downstairs in the basement watching a horror film that Gene picked. We were both on the couch and had a bowl of popcorn in between us.

So far I was scared to death, but the only good thing about this is that horror movies can be romantic... wait why is that a good thing!?!?!?

Gene's pov

I laughed at every little scared expression she had. It was hilarious.

I reached for another piece of popcorn. As I did I looked over at her. She was watching with wide eyes. She still had my hoodie on.

Man she looked really cute.

Wait what?!?

I noticed that she was shaking I think she was cold. I looked behind me and reached over to get a fluffy black blanket. I threw it over her.

She looked at me stunned and blushing, but I quickly looked back at the movie.

Did I really care that much about this girl. I mean let's think about this - I like the way she comes to me for help. We have so much in common since we share the same pain.

I like how one minute she can be all innocent and the next she's kicking guys in the nuts.

I like how her eyes shine when she looks at me.

Oh man she's so cute when she blushes or she's mad at me, it's just the cutest.

But I can't drag her into my life, I mean things with Zane and the Jury are really hitting up, and plus I don't know how she feels.

I looked back at her and it looked like she was falling asleep. I moved the popcorn bowl so she wouldn't fall and spill it everywhere.

She suddenly fell over and rested her head on my knees. She was stretched out on the coach passed out. I noticed she had tints of blush.

I pulled the blanket back over her and turned the tv off.

Before I lead back on the coach I heard her mumble in her sleep.

"G-Gene."

I blushed and stared at her. I couple minutes later I fell asleep too.

I woke up the next morning and (y/n) was still sleeping on me. I looked at my phone and it was 10:00 so I decided to wake her up.

I nudged her arm skating her a bit.

"Kitty time to get up"

She groaned and turned on her back. Her eyes fluttered open, and meet with mine. She grabbed on to my chest sitting up in my lap. I think she's still to asleep to notice.