How to be brave

Your pov

I stared blankly out the window watching the snow fall. This week was pretty normal I didn't see Gene much. Him and the rest of the Shadow knights ditched a lot this week. This week wasn't all bad though. Christmas was going to be this Saturday so the school decided to have the winter carnival this Friday.

The bell finally rang and I leaped up out of my chair and headed out of the school.

As I was walking out of the school I bumped into the principal of Phoenix drop high principal Leila.

"Oh hello (y/n)." She said in her usual strict tone.

"Hi principal Leila."

"Good thing I ran into you I actually wanted to talk to you quick is that alright."

I nodded for her to proceed.

"There has been some new students coming to the school and they need to be placed in classes. The problem is that the classes we want to place them in are full, we were wondering since your science grades are so good would you be welling to switch classes since I don't think it would affect you too much

"That will be ok with me." I said in my usual quit voice.

Great starting from Monday you'll be in room 206 for science."

I nodded and waved goodbye and headed home.

The next day at school the hole place had been set up with games and all sorts. As I looked around lost in thought someone came up from behind me grabbing my shoulders nearly scaring me half to death.

"Boo!"

"AHHH!!" I spun my head around to see Gene standing there with his usual amused smirk.

"You gave me a heart attack I thought I was going to die!!" I yelled angrily.

"Wow your loud and scary when you want to be huh." He said propping himself up on a tree.

"Now there's a candy stand somewhere around here so go get me a kit kat."

I stared at him blankly.
"You want a kit kat?"

"Ya I'm starving.. and you are my errand girl." He said whipping out his phone.

I sighed and started walking to where the stands were.

I arrived at the candy stand and there were two girls running it. A short girl with brown hair and brown eyes, and a meif'wa with pink hair and pink eyes.

"Hey there how can we help you!" The girl with brown hair said enthusiastically.

"Um I'll take a kit kat bar please." I said just loud enough for them to hear me.

"He Aphmau~senpai is this the girl that all the rumors talk about." The pink haired girl said in a loud whisper.

"Kawaii~chan she can hear you!" Aphmau tried to shush her.

"Oh Kawaii~chan Is sorry she didn't mean to be rude."

"Too answer your question yes I'm the girl from the rumours." I said looking down.

"Really?!? But you're talking." Aphmau said waving her arms around.

"And Kawaii~chan thinks (y/n)~chan is really cute too."

"That is your name right?" Aphmau asked.

I nodded.

"Well to prove all those rumours wrong why don't you come to my small Christmas get together with Kawaii~chan and Katelyn!"
Aphmau said grabbing my hand and shaking it.

"Ya Kawaii~Chan thinks that's a great idea!!"

"Well I don't have anything else to do so ok I guess."

"YAAAA!!" They both yelled in sync.

With that they handed me the kit kat along with Aphmau's address.

I headed back to Gene kinda confused but excited too.

I extended my hand with the kit kat bar he looked up from his phone and took it.

I walked up beside him and leaned against the tree as well.

"Hey can I ask you something Kitty." He said looking over at me.

I nodded.

"Did you get into a fight out something like that lately, cause there was a bruise on your arm like you got hit."

I immediately froze how did he notice, I was wearing long sleeves this whole time.

"What do you mean." I asked trying to play dumb.

"When you tried that black t-shirt on I could see it. On your left arm." He talked with no expression so I couldn't tell if he was curious our concerned.

I didn't say anything there was nothing to say. I started to walk away in fear of him finding out what my father is doing. I felt his hand around my wrist, stopping me from leaving.

"You need to be brave (y/n) if you're not brave you won't get anything. And the way to be brave is to stand up for yourself."

With that he let go of my wrist, I looked back and he was on his phone again so I decided to walk back to Aphmau and Kawaii~ chan.

"Oh hey (y/n) we just got off the job, want to go around the festival with us!" Aphmau said taking my hand.

"Sure I would love too."

We spent the rest of the day doing winter stuff like tobogganing and tubbing, drinking hot chocolate and that stuff. Until we decided to part ways and head back home.

I walked home in a good mood, excited that I got to spend Christmas with some fun loving people. Gene's words rang in my head about being brave.

I reached home and walked in to find my dad rummaging through the cupboards. He turned around and walked towards my throwing me against the fridge.

"What did you do with m stuff!" He said in a loud tone.

"I-I didn't touch it I swear."

"(Y/n) tell me!" he said getting angry.

All I could think about was what Gene told me.

To be brave, you need to stand up for yourself

"I said I didn't touch your stuff!" I said loudly and squirmed out of his grasp and ran up to my room and bolted the door.

I went to bed feeling quite proud for finally doing something, maybe I have to listen to Gene more often.