#2. Mycroft's Manor, Just Outside London

"And to what do I owe the pleasure of your company today, brother mine? Don't you have a previous engagement?", Mycroft noted upon Sherlock's unexpected arrival. "Why aren't you in London working today?", questioned Sherlock. "Oh, just taking some time off", Mycroft replied. "You, taking time off? Whatever for?", Sherlock retorted. "So, is this why you came here today? To question my work ethic?".

Sherlock stared intently at Mycroft with a fire in his eyes that gave Mycroft the realization that this was not the time for sarcasm. "What is it?", Mycroft asked impatiently. Sherlock got straight to the point, "What did you and Eurus discuss at Sherrinford?". "What do you mean? You were there?", Mycroft coldly replied. "Eurus said you discussed something of importance," Sherlock continued. "You're hiding something from me! Haven't you lied enough? Now you can tell me, or I can go and find out for myself, but either way you will not keep secrets from me...not anymore!", Sherlock angrily slammed his hands down on the table in front of Mycroft.

Mycroft looked at Sherlock with an expression of devastation he was not expecting. "We were only trying to protect you!", Mycroft uttered abruptly. "What are you talking about?" Sherlock responded. "Please sit and let me say all I need to before you say anything more", Mycroft continued. Just then John entered the room. Sherlock had called him on the way to Mycroft's and asked him to meet him there. "Just in time Dr. Watson, have a seat", said Mycroft. John sat down at the table. Mycroft stood and turned to look out the window, then he began.