Chapter 10

Chapter 10

(Leslie’s POV)

            I woke up the next morning with Mason beside of me. Bless his little heart. I could not believe how well he took up with Nick yesterday. I also can't believe how well Nick played with him. The man is really not so bad. I think.

            Well, he did whisper dirty things to me before he left. And I would seriously be lying if I said I did not like it. We have decided to start fresh so we will see where it goes.

            I had just stepped out of the bed quietly since my baby was still sleeping when my phone rang. I picked it up.

            "Hello?" I said.

            "Hey sugar." Nick said in his seductive voice.

            "Hey Nick" I said. "What's shaking this morning?"

            “Well, I know that you have to go back to the theater… afterward why don’t we all go out for dinner… all three of us,” he said.

            "Aww aren't you a sweetie?"

            “Well, thank you. So do you want to go?” he asked.

            "Sure, I have a problem though. I may not be going to the theater today."

            "Why not?" he asked worried.

            "Well I don't have a babysitter. Cody is sick and cannot watch Mason."

            "I'll watch him for you."

            "Oh my God; are you serious?"

            "I'm serious. Thanks to Amber... they fired me. I wasn't good enough to be her leading man. Even the newspaper found out that I was sleeping with every leading woman when I got the leading roles... which I think Amber reported me now after you told me you didn't...”

            “You would seriously watch Mason for me?" I asked ignoring what he said.

            "Sure, since I don't have anything better to do."

            "Oh god, you are so awesome."

            "So, I'll come get you two, drop you off at the theater, and I'll take Mason with me to go see my brothers. They'll love to play with him too."

            "Ok sure. He is a handful sometimes. Much like you," I giggled.

            “So was Frankie," he laughed. "I'll be there in an hour."

            "Ok honey." I said.

            "Love you, bye," he said and ended the call.

~*~*~*~

            When Nick came a few minutes later, Mason was crying and clinging to me.

            "Mason? It's Nick hun," I told him. "You had fun with him yesterday. Mom's got to go to the theater. Nick's going to take you to go meet his other brothers and they're going to play with you too."

            "Mama!" he cried and held onto me still.

            Nick then frowned and tried something. "Mason... do you like dogs?" he asked.

            "Uh huh," Mason said tearfully.

            "Well, I have Elvis, he's a golden retriever... and my older brother Joe has an English bull dog named Winston, and my eldest brother has little dogs too. If you come with me I'm sure that they'll all play with you. They all love to play ball, and love kids too."