>-2-<

Btw has anyone heard of the 47 Meters Down movie? Ima see it soon but its all about people getting stuck in a broken shark cage with a certain amount of air while sharks circle around them. The trailer to it is above. I feel like that's basically this part of the story.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. I grabbed it. It had to be either my mom, Jared, or Alana. Jared was a family friend that I've known for most of my life. He's a jerk but he's one of the only people I have. Alana was just someone from school, I don't really know if we're friends but she'll call me to say hi once in a while. I recognized the sweet voice of my mother speaking into the phone as soon as I answered.

Heidi - Hey sweetie! Are you excited for today?!
Evan - I'm living my biggest dream! Of coarse I'm excited!
Heidi - I can't wait to hear how it goes, just, please be careful. I know you're gonna be in a cage, but I really don't need you getting eaten.
Evan - I'm not gonna get eaten mom.
Heidi - I know, I know. I just want you to be safe, okay?
Evan - I promise mom.
Heidi - Okay, tell me how it goes later.
Evan - Okay, bye.

I hung up the phone and looked at the time. I had to get to the dock soon. I couldn't make a big breakfast, I just had to grab a pop tart from my cabinet. I tore open the wrapping and threw it in the trash. I remember that Jared had told me that they would have my equipment there. I rushed out the door and was faced with the confused look of my neighbour.

Veronica - You're going out of your house in that?
Evan - What wr-

I looked down at myself to see that I was still in my Nemo onesie. I ran inside and threw off my onesie. I bounced into my room and rummaged through my closet before I decided just to go with a light blue shirt and my swim trunks that seemed to look like athletic shorts.

I grabbed my stuff and ran out of the house and into my car. I looked at Veronica who was still watering her garden. I coughed and she stared at me as I gestured to myself and my clothes. She nodded and continued to water. She already knows that I'm going shark diving. She never gets a break from my rants and excited screams.

Jared - So, you excited?
Evan - I'm a little nervous.
Jared - Really? I would've never guessed! I mean, you're only being surrounded by some of the biggest predators on earth who could rip you to shreds if they wanted to!!
Evan - SHUT UP JARED!!
Jared - I'm just trying to tell the truth!

Michael - Evan Hansen?
Evan - That's me!
Michael - Nice to meet you, I'm Michael Heere. I heard you're going....shark diving?
Evan - Yep!
Michael - Hmm, you've got bravery. Barely anyone seems to wanna shark dive anymore!
Evan - Ever since I went to an aquarium when I was young, it's always been my dream to dive with sharks.
Michael - Aquarium? Hmm, I used to work in one.

Michael in the bathroom just came on help.

I stared down at the water. The blue rushing water. Who knew what was swimming down there. My anxiety had been haunting me for a while, and I was gonna make sure it didn't get in the way of this.

Jeremy - You okay kiddo?
Evan - Yeah, I mean, I don't know.
Jeremy - You're swimming with sharks, its normal for everyone to get a little nerve. But I promise, my husband, my crew, and I are gonna make sure you're safe.

The man gestured to Michael, who was walking around the boat, getting the cage and the equipment ready for me.

Evan - Michael's your husband?
Jeremy - Yep, the names Jeremy Heere.
Evan - Evan Hansen.
Jeremy - Y-you're okay with it, right?
Evan - With what?
Jeremy - With two guys being together?
Evan - Oh definitely! I'm actually queer.
Jeremy - REALLY?! That's great!!
Evan - Thanks.

Jared - So, how you feeling?
Evan - Still pretty nervous. I mean, they've already got the age ready and I'm already in the suit. There's no going back now.
Jared - I'll send pictures to your mom while your being eaten alive!
Evan - Very funny Jared.

Soon enough, I could see Michael and Jeremy leaning over to edge, waving to me with thumbs up. I was Evan Hansen, sitting in shark infested waters in a giant cage. My nerves were growing every second, but I had to do this.

I saw the long and elegant tail swerve through the waters. The outline of a giant great white came into my view. The shark swam in view of my cage. It almost seemed to be keeping an eye on me. I smiled to myself, I was actually here. I could see young Evan in my head, with a smile on his face, knowing that, I did it, we did it.

I was so drowned in my thoughts, that I didn't realise that the shark was staring to grow closer to me. I screamed in my mind, this was it, I had a stupid dream and this is what I got.

The shark rammed into the cage, causing me to fall back. The screams of people above soared through my ears. I could hear Michaels cries and Jeremys yells. Jared was screaming but he was probably thinking 'I told you' in his head.

Pain shot through me. I screamed and cried. This was it for Evan Hansen. 24 years old, and it's already the end. The water around me turned red, I could see the light from above as the pain seemed to become even stronger and it soon disappeared from my mind.

I wanted to be on the land, I never want to go back in the water again. I just want to be in my mothers arms with loving family no friends around me. I just want to be alive. I just want to be found.

And I was found.

The shark was hit back with a slap. I couldn't figure out what it was. I was being pushed up against the boat and I knew that I didn't have much air left. My arm was the source of the blood and redness that coloured the water.

The shark swam around with small drops of blood flying from small cuts on its body. The last thing I saw was long brown hair flowing in the water around me. Then it all went black, and I couldn't feel anything.

What could another human be doing in the water?