>-9-<

I finally got the idea of how I'm gonna end this and I think people will love it. I just fucking love tree bros so much.

Also I'm gonna see Hamilton in two days. It's taken up most of my time so I'll probably finish this story while I'm in the car. (We bought the Dear Evan Hansen soundtrack so I get to blare it in the car)

Also I just got a really really good Hamilton soulmate au (bc soulmate AUs are my shit) so once I finish this I'll be starting that.

K thanks here's Tree bros

Evan - So umm w-what this coral thingy you talked about?
Connor - We call it the coral forest. All of the mermaids and men used to go there, but now, it almost seems forgotten. It's a good thing for me though, I can go there and look at the view, and not have anyone to annoy me.
Evan - Yeah, t-that sounds fun.
Connor - Yeah, it is.

In a few minutes, Connor had grabbed my wrist, telling me to stop swimming. I listened and followed his point to a giant gate made out of bright and colourful coral. I hadn't even stepped inside, but it already looked absolutely beautiful.

The coral curved in such ways that I didn't think were possible. There were so many colours, all so different, yet they went together so perfectly. Small fish swam around us, Connor turning his head once in a while to make sure nothing dangerous was around. Then, I saw it.

In the clearing of the coral, I saw it. Gorgeous, titanic sized trees. The leaves hung low yet the branches reached towards the sky. It would've been an impossible climb from the land, but this is the ocean. I could just swim.

The trees were arranged in such a perfect order. It almost looked yet man made, yet it obviously wasn't. The bottom of the trees were surrounded by different shades of blue and green coral. Seashells were arranged on the floor, not as wild colours as the coral, but still very beautiful.

I remembered back to my youth. Young Evan walking along the beach, picking up every seashell he found and stuffing it into his pockets.  I came back to the hotel with 75 seashells stuffed into my shorts. My mom arranged them into a star on the floor. I told her that it was my magical fairy circle, and the seashells would protect me.

To think, just beyond the ocean lye something so beautiful. It was just beyond my fingertips, yet so far away. I tried to think back to that age, what if I had met Connor while I was that age? I bet Connor would've been an adorable child. I can just imagine him as a little toddler, shortish hair, deep dimples like he has now, and the same heart melting smile.

Connor - Evan? You gonna keep standing there, or are you gonna come up?!

I raised my head and saw a black tail and brown hair, sat on one of the tallest branches. I must've been stuck in my imagination. That isn't a very hard thing for me to do. I swam up and up until I was right by Connors side. I scanned the area, the view was even better. It was horrible to know that the other mermen and maids seemed to have forgotten the beauty this place had to offer.

Connor - So, what life like on the land?
Evan - Huh? Oh, it-its fine.
Connor - I'm serious Evan.
Evan - What?
Connor - What is it really like? I don't mind if you ramble, it's just, I've never really SEEN the land before. Yeah, I've looked at it. But my grandpa used to tell me that there was so much more up there. So much more there that I don't know.
Evan - I guess you could say that.
Connor - I showed you my favourite spot in the sea. Do you promise that one day, you'll show me your favourite place in the land?
Evan - I don't really have a place I like the most. There's this orchard I really like.
Connor - Another orchard? You really like trees, don't you Hansen?
Evan - Yeah.
Connor - So, do you promise?
Evan - I don't know Connor. T-there's no way that you w-would be able to survive on the land.
Connor - Just promise me Evan....