>-11-<

I held Connors hand in mine as we walked around. We had been together for a little more than 3 years. I knew that Connor was the one. I didn't care about some of the look we could get when we were seen with each other's hands together. I loved Connor more than anything.

Whenever someone would make fun of my stuttering, anxiety, my tendency to be an easy person to make cry, or the fact the fact that I was dating a man, Connor would always be right there. He would tell the person that....

Connor - Unless you want me to kick your ass all the way to Switzerland, I kindly invite you to fuck off!

About a week into becoming a human, he had learned to walk and do normal human things. It was kind of hard for him to get used to his new life, but he said that we was willing to fight through it if he ended up fine in the end, turns out he did. Jared thought it was weird how I suddenly had a boyfriend, like he appeared from thin air. Jared was also pretty confused how Connor had a weird way of walking, and was so excited by the simple things of the land.

One time the three of us went to this pretty cool beach that Jared and I had hung out at when we were kids. There was a restaurant placed on the sand along with a stone path, several trees, a small building over looking the water, a ladder ball area, and a small grass area that I liked to sit in.

We had all brought our swim trunks, knowing we were all going to swim. Jared challenged Connor to a race in the water. Even with his legs, being a former merman, he must've kept his fast swimming with him when he changed. He smoked Jared and left him in the dust. Jared kept trying and trying, but Connor won every time, even when I was sitting on his back, Connor still easily passed Jared to the finish.

Connor had told me that he wanted to take me to this orchard. I was excited at first, then I realised that he purposely meant to take me to my favourite orchard. My favourite place on the land, the place I promise I'd take him someday. It wasn't a special occasion or anything, but I assumed that Connor just wanted to take me out to the orchard because of my love of trees. HES THE BEST BOYFRIEND EVER!!!

He purposely didn't put us on a group hike. He knew that I had major social anxiety and hated being around people. I knew that most times, he felt the same way. So it was just us, and only us. And that's how I liked it.

The suns light cast through the trees and onto the open path. It wasn't crowded like I was smooshed into Connor, it was the opposite actually. The two of us could lie straight on the ground and our feet wouldn't even touch. Flowers filled the side of the path. Once in a while, one of us would see an animal and would point it out to the other.

I glanced at Connor and I noticed that he seemed more uneasy than normal. His face was sweaty, he didn't talk as much as he normally would, and he was holding my hand in a tighter grip than usual. He would still talk with me, but just, not as much as he normally would. Ever since we had started dating for a while, he had become a real chatterbox. But I loved him like that.

I noticed Connors grip untighten a little when the two of us come across a large clearing in the path. It was a big circle that was three fourths converted in trees, it starched out farther than the rest of the path, but seemed to be able to be continued just through a small bush. Connor stopped and pointed down to the ground. I followed his point and saw some lines in the dirt. The one by Connors foot looked something like an M.

Connor - You should read it!

I nodded and walked over to what I thought was the beginning of the letters. I repeated every letter that I had seen in my head as I came across it.

W
I
L
L

Y
O
U

M
A
R
R
Y

M
E
?

I felt my heart beat faster and faster. It couldn't be, could it? I turned around to face Connor, and it was exactly what I thought it was.

I saw the boy who had saved my life. The boy who traded his life for mine. The boy who once lived all the years of his life inside the ocean. The boy who had given up all he had in the ocean to be with me. The boy who was now on one knee.

My hands flew right to my mouth. I walked closer to Connor, my tears flowing down my face faster and faster with each step. His smile made me want to cry even more. He took my left hand in his, and I used my right hand to continue the job of covering my mouth and wiping away my tears.

Connor - Dear Evan Hansen, you tell me that I saved you all those years ago, but really, you saved me. You showed me that I didn't deserve to disappear, and that I could actually find happiness. Meeting you was the best experience of my life, and I believe that you're the one. So, would you please make me the happiness man alive....and be my husband?

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small black box. He opened it and I saw a glimmering light blue ring inside. The ring had trees engraved into it as well as the name 'Connor' between the trees.

Evan - Oh Connor....

"I can't."