AIDEN | THIRTY-FIVE

[Tobias] 

I  hate seeing her in pain. It's the worst thing to see because I can't do anything about it even when she pleads and begs for me to help her and I don't know what to do. Everything was going well, she fell asleep with her head in my lap and when she woke up she had dilated to 7 centimeters and her contractions were terrible so bad she was feeling nauseous and crying in pain. 

Her mother called around noon and asked how were we progressing and I told her slowly, everything was moving in slow motion and it felt like the whole pregnancy was like 10 minutes now the labor is like molasses. 

"I don't know what to do." Tris weeps wiping her eyes, "I've walked, drank water, got in the bed, sat on the ball. I just want my baby." Tris gave up a long time on the epidural because she was irritated and the anesthesiologist was taking forever which made her curse out the nurses which gave us a new set of better nurses, it was kind of rude but I knew better than to interfere. 

I nod my head, "I know baby, he's almost here just a few more moments." She leans back on his arms and throws her head back grunting through another contraction. 

"Oh no." She sits up suddenly clutching her belly, "I need to push." She grunted holding onto the sides of the bed, "GO GET A DOCTOR!" She screamed at me and I ran out into the hallway frantic as ever. 

[Tris]

Finally, I think to myself as my body starts to automatically push. Yes, it may hurt like hell but I just want Aiden out of me. I'm not having any more kids after this! Screaming as I continue to push doctors and nurses rush in and I let out a sigh of relief. 

Dr. Parish smiles at me and sits down, "Are we ready to have a baby?" He questions and I nod my head with a pained expression. Tobias stands behind me and a oxygen mask is placed on my face because of just how strong the contractions are, "Okay, you have moved so quickly we want to take the pushing smooth so you don't rupture anything so when you feel you need to push, go ahead and push for as long as you can and then we'll start pushing with the contractions, okay?

"Yeah." 

"You got this baby." Tobias leans down and kisses my forehead while he still holds the mask on my face. My body tightens and I start to push bearing down with the contraction. The pushing lasts for at least an hour before there is any real sign of Aiden's head. I am told he has a head full of thick hair, "You're doing so good." I hear Tobias' wary voice, I know this has been an emotional roller coaster for the both of us and now it's all narrowing down. 

My back arches as the pain feels slightly unbearable and I just push while I hear everyone encouraging me on and counting to 10. I release and feel my baby's head slightly escape my body so I continue to push and push until the doctor announces the head is out. I can't help but to scream in pain as I push on and keep going and going until my body literally gives up. 

Tobias senses my defeat and rubs my shoulder as I take a deep breath of well needed oxygen, "He's almost here baby, just a few more then it'll all be over. I promise." I nod my head and push with all my might and groan in pain but nothing seems to matter anymore when I hear my son let out shrill and the doctors place his body on my chest. 

"Happy Mother's Day!" The nurses shout as I let tears fall out of my eyes because my baby is finally here. Nothing seems to matter more as I look at my beautiful crying son. He's so perfect. 

"Would you like to cut the cord?" Doctor Parish hands him the clips once Tobias nods his head and I watch as tears fill his eyes and he cuts the cord. I've never seen him so overjoyed. 

"He looks just like you." I hear so much happiness in Tobias voice, I've never heard before. I know he loves me but this is his first son and to witness me pushing his baby out and giving him a new form of life is most likely overwhelming for him, I know it is for me. Our new addition the family I smile and rub my baby's back. Our family is complete

+++

Aiden Tobias Eaton was born at a whooping 7 pounds and 6 ounces on a rainy November afternoon at 6:11 p.m November the 15th. He has beautiful dark  blue eyes, so blue they look gray. They're even darker than Tobias' eyes, and curly dark brown hair that is thick and full. Tobias swears he looks just like me but with the hair color and eyes he looks just like him. All of my children inherit their father's hair color and eyes and a little bit of features from me. 

He's pretty big and very long at 27 inches, I believe that he's going to have Tobias' tall and broad body structure instead of my short and petite body. 

It was when we were doing skin-to-skin, Tobias had called all of our friends announcing the arrival of Aiden and how they should come over the house tomorrow to see the baby instead of at the hospital today. I was laying on my side with Tobias right beside me without his shirt and had our little naked baby on his chest. It brought tears to my eyes to see how content Tobias was and I knew I didn't make that  mistake when I put that ring back on my finger. Indeed, it was the best decision ever. 

+++

The actual chapter was 1000 words to be exact and I hope you enjoyed it. Today is my last day of school so this summer and then you will get some more chapters then it will be over. I am updating more often and I hope you noticed. Aiden Eaton is finally here! But, the drama is not over yet for the Eaton household.