Chapter 7

Daegu, 10 Years Ago

The next day,  Hong Hwayoung was expelled from their school for locking Tiffany inside the school's old building. Tiffany's father was enraged. He came to the principal and demanded that scoundrel to be expelled immediately for putting his daughter in danger. Mr. Hwang and the school didn't want this sensitive scandal spread wide. Mr. Hwang agreed not to drop charges against Hwayoung because he didn't want it to affect Tiffany and the school supported him since the scandal could damage their reputation.

Hwayoung's older brother curtseyed to apologize for his brother's reprehensible wrongdoing.

"I don't want to see your brother anywhere near my daughter ever again." Tiffany's father tried to hide the disgust in his eyes.

"I promise Hwayoung will receive the punishment he deserves."

"Take your brother away from here."
Hwayoung's brother stooped low once again before he left the principal room.

"Where's the boy that saved Tiffany?" Mr Hwang asked.

Taehyung could only grinned like a fool when Tiffany's father thanked him for his heroic action. That man even invited him for a dinner at their house.

"He is a really good teenager." Mr. Hwang praised Taehyung when he got home.

"I know." Tiffany replied with a flat expression, but her face gleamed.

"And he is really good looking too." Mr. Hwang glanced at his youngest daughter to tease her.

"I know--" Tiffany immediately realized her mistake, she quickly shrugged her shoulders, "I mean..., he's not ugly."

Her father smiled. "He must like you so much...."

Tiffany held her cellphone more tightly. She secretly glanced at her father.

"If he didn't like you or care for you, he wouldn't look for you... And save you."

Tiffany pretended to be engulfed in her cellphone, but her face blushed real hard upon hearing what his father had just said.

Mr. Hwang laughed out loud to see how red his daughter's cheeks were. If those two young teenagers liked each other, what more could he say?

........................................................................

"Taehyung-ah," Tiffany stopped Taehyung at the school gate after their school hour ended. She smiled so widely.

"Eung?" Taehyung walked with her.

"My dad wants you to come tomorrow night to have a dinner with us." That young girl didn't even try to conceal her happiness.

"I know."

Tiffany raised her eyebrow. "How did you know?"

Taehyung yawned as they walked out of the school yard. "Your father told me when he came to school the other day. I think he likes me." Taehyung looked at the night sky.

Tiffany snorted. "My dad only wants to thank you, don't be over confident. He would do the same for anyone who does us some favor."

"I see...." Taehyung mumbled. "If that's the case, I don't need to come to your house tomorrow. Your dad probably won't remember me."

"Ya!" Tiffany hit Taehyung's chest and shouted. "Why can't you appreciate an invitation? My dad will be disappointed if you don't come."

Taehyung grinned. "Your father or you?"

"Eh?"

Taehyung chuckled. "You'll be disappointed if I don't come to your house tomorrow, right?"