Chapter 33

Taehyung handed over a resignation letter. He bowed his head in front of Bang Sejin.

Sejin took Taehyung's resignation letter and read it. He looked at that handsome man. "Are you sure you want to quit?"

Taehyung nodded.

"My brother told me you needed this job to protect someone. I supposed it's Tiffany, right?"

Taehyung nodded one more time.

"From my point of view, Tiffany needs you the most at this moment. What happened to SM building that day was a tragedy." Bang Sejin looked outside his window and then he looked at Taehyung again. Ever since SM main building was damaged by the explosion, they had to move to another building that was also owned by SM. "Did the explosion have something to do with Tiffany? Did someone plant the bomb to kill her?"

Taehyung tried to avoid the conversation.

"I won't tell anyone about it. I don't want to ruin anyone's image. Was the bomb planted to kill Tiffany?"

Taehyung sighed. "I don't know what to say. I feel like I'm trying to move a mountain and change the course of a river and all I have is just these two hands." He couldn't give a straight answer.

Bang Sejin wrinkled his forehead. "And after everything had happened, you wish to leave this company? What about Tiffany? How are you gonna protect her if you leave?"

Taehyung took a deep breath. "She is getting better and I believe she will move to California."

"And?"

"And...." Taehyung was a bit lost in his own mind. "And I'll make sure she will be safe. No one will hurt her again."

"How?"

Taehyung awkwardly smiled, "I know just what to do...."

Bang Sejin got up from his seat. He approached Taehyung and tapped his shoulder. "I don't have anything to say nor can I give you a piece of advice. But I've seen what my brother does. I'm not proud of the fact that he leads one of the biggest mobs in this country, I've seen so many tragic deaths. Do you know why they died?"

Taehyung stared at Bang Sejin without blinking.

"They died because they thought their deaths could save someone else's life. They died trying to protect what was precious for them."

Taehyung sat still.

"But that's stupid. Dying for what's precious for us won't do any good. There'll always be someone who suffers and mourns for our deaths. You should know we have a set of laws." Bang Sejin tapped Taehyung's shoulder one more time. "Don't play God, Taehyung ah. Think really carefully before you leap."

........................................................................

Taehyung stayed by Tiffany's side during her stay at the hospital. That woman recovered quite fast. The hospital was crowded by Tiffany's fans who wished and prayed for her recovery. They all waited outside of the hospital while bringing flowers, letters, candles, stuffed animals, and other gifts for her. They all waited for some good news about her.

"You are so loved by millions of people." Taehyung brought in dozens of gifts that were left by Tiffany's fans.
Tiffany simpered. "I'm so grateful for them. I wish I could do something to show them my gratitude."

"You can." Taehyung gently caressed Tiffany's hair. "Showing your fans that you are fine and getting better is the best gift for them."

Tiffany took her cellphone. "Maybe I should make a video and tell my fans that I'm alright."