Chapter 37

A few days after Tiffany left his house, Taehyung read a big headline in every newspaper, magazine, and portal sites that SM announcing Tiffany Hwang's wedding to Jeon Jungkook in a few days to come.

The public was left in shock for the sudden breaking news. It created a fuss among her fans. Some of them were happy for her, but a lot of people were hurt and showered her with harsh comments and criticisms. And not few who falsely accused her of being secretly pregnant before marriage and called her wedding plan as a shortgun marriage of the century.
But Tiffany didn't care at all. There was nothing mattered to her anymore. She had clearly told Jungkook that she would marry him even though she still loved Taehyung. And she asked Jungkook to understand that he might have to wait forever for her to fully give her whole heart to him. But Tiffany also said that she would try to be a good wife for him. She would give herself to him and devote her life to him as a wife.

"Just don't ask me to give you my heart... Maybe I've no longer had it. Maybe it's been broken into millions pieces. Maybe it's gone... Oh, Jungkookie, I'm sorry I have to treat you like this." Tiffany covered her face.

Jungkook held Tiffany's hand gently. "I will try everything I can to pick every piece of your broken heart and mend it until it's whole again. Even if it takes forever. And I will never ask when you will give your heart to me. Just stay by my side forever and it's enough."

........................................................................

Taehyung came to meet Yoongi on one of tall buildings' rooftops in Seoul. 

"Hyung, I really need to know where Hong Jong-hyun is right now."

"What are you going to do with Hong Jong-hyun if you find him? Are you going to make a grand reunion with him?" He looked at his dongsaeng. "Naaah, I don't think so." Yoongi smirked.

Taehyung watched the streets below. "I need to talk to him."

"Talk?" Yoongi glanced at Taehyung as if his dongsaeng had just told him that the sun rose from the south. "You want to talk to Jong-hyun? What do you want to talk to a man like him? He won't stop targeting Tiffany until he fullfills what his heart desires."

"I know.... But I must try."

Yoongi got something out of his pocket. It was his cellphone that contained a photograph. "I've found Jong-hyun's accomplice who works in SM. Do you know this person?"

Taehyung took the cellphone and glared. He clenched his fist. "I should've guessed it's this person all this time."

"This snake is too close to Tiffany. Her life is still in danger as long as this person is near her."

"Jungkook will protect Tiffany. I know that."

Yoongi stared at Taehyung. "I never understand love. It makes you and it kills you. Do you know why I went to prison?"

"Because you broke the law?" Taehyung glanced back.

"Because I wanted to avenge my dongsaeng's death. He was murdered while trying to save his girlfriend from a sociopath. But both of them died in his hands. My dongsaeng would probably had never had to die if he hadn't fallen in love with that woman..."

Taehyung looked at Yoongi. "I'm sorry...."

"I've never fallen in love with anyone. And I'm glad that I'm not. That's why I don't understand how letting the woman you love marry someone else will save her life. I really don't understand lovers' logic. But let me tell you something."

Taehyung listened.

"I have another dongsaeng who looks exactly like you. He left us to be with his wife because he thinks we are too dirty. But that's not the point. The point is, this dongsaeng did everything he could do to save the woman he loved from her crazy and abusive boyfriend. He was against all odds to win her heart. And he never left that woman to anyone else, because he knew no one could protect her like he would. And here, you've gone through hell for the woman you love, yet you'll leave her to another man. Where's your logic, Taehyung?"