Chapter 32

Taehyung felt as if he had been waiting a million years to see Tiffany again. After the ambulance arrived at the hospital, they immediately took Tiffany to the emergency room.

Taehyung sat in front of it. He held his head and looked at the floor. His tears dropped one by one while his mouth mumbled. He didn't stop praying even though he felt that God had left him since ten years ago. He really didn't know what to do. He really didn't want to know what to do if Tiffany couldn't make it. There was no way he could forgive himself.

"I--I shouldn't have left Tiffany there. I shouldn't have left...." Taehyung hit his head.

"Taehyung ssi."

Taehyung held his head up. He saw Jungkook was standing in front of him.

That man's head was still bandaged. He stared at Taehyung with no emotion, but his eyes were red. Taehyung knew that man had just cried.

"T-Tiffany...." Taehyung quickly got up. "She's inside...."

"I know." Jungkook felt his heart crushed somehow. "She'll be fine, right?"

Taehyung wished he knew just what to say.

The emergency room's door suddenly opened. Both of those men spontaneously ran to it.

"Taehyung. Is there Taehyungie here?" Someone in scrubs (sanitary clothing worn by doctors or nurses in hospitals) held the door and looked at them.

"I'm Kim Taehyung."

"Come with me."

Taehyung followed the guy in scrubs into the emergency room. He wish, he prayed, he hoped nothing had happened to Tiffany. Taehyung got more scared with each step he took along the way to Tiffany's bed.

"She called for your name." The man in scrubs opened the curtain.

"Taehyungie." Tiffany mumbled even though her eyes still closed and she still wore an oxygen mask.

"I'm here. I'm here, Fany." Taehyung hastily ran and caressed Tiffany's forehead and hair that was covered with a bandage. "Hey, sweetie... How do you feel?" His eyes were wet. "Can you see me?"

Tiffany slowly opened her eyes. "Taehyungie...." Her hand fumbled her bed. Taehyung knew what she was trying to reach. He quickly touched her hand and held it gently. "I'm here, baby...."

Tiffany breathed more easily. She closed her eyes again.

"Doctor!" Taehyung spontaneously looked at the man in scrubs frantically.

The doctor checked Tiffany's pulse and pupils. "It's alright. She just fell asleep."

Jungkook silently walked out of the emergency room. Nothing could break his heart more than knowing the woman he loved more than anything in this world called for someone else's name.

Jungkook closed his eyes. His biggest fear had just come true. He finally saw the missing puzzle to his curiosity. In Tiffany's heart there had always been one place for one man. How painful it was to know that he never belonged to that place. And how hurt it was to finally understand that he had never been the man Tiffany longed for.

From the moment Kim Taehyung had come back into Tiffany's life, Jungkook knew he was only counting the days to his own separation from Tiffany. He had only borrowed someone else's dream.

Tiffany had never seen him the way she saw Taehyung. Even in her sleep she only called for Kim Taehyung.

Jungkook hit the hospital's wall. The pain in his heart was more painful than any bleeding wound. If this was love, how cruel it must be for him. If this was love, he wished God would take it back because he couldn't think he could survive this pain.