Chapter 26

Tiffany slept soundly and her fever had gone. She could sleep because Taehyung hugged her all through the night.

But when that girl opened her eyes, her bed was empty. There was nobody there. There was no Taehyung. Tiffany spontaneously sat on her bed. She looked around her. That room seemed to be void.

Was it only a dream? Had she only dreamt about Taehyung hugging her last night? Tiffany touched her own lips. She could still feel the tender lips of Taehyung's. She had kissed those lips last night. She could still feel Taehyung's chest and his hands around her.

Tiffany massaged her temple. Had she lost her mind and imagined everything? What a sad dream. Tiffany put her feet down and was ready to get up when she realized something.

She wasn't wearing shoes. Tiffany was sure she had fallen asleep without taking off her shoes last night. Her eyes wandered the small room that the movie production staff had rented for her. She found her black shoes lied neatly near her bed.

So, it wasn't a dream? Taehyung had really been there last night. That handsome guy had really hugged her last night. And she had really kissed his lips.

Tiffany beamed so brightly. Taehyung still loved her. She finally knew that that guy still loved her!

Tiffany got out of her room. She had to find Taehyung. She missed him so much and she couldn't wait to see his face.

She looked for Taehyung in her cottage, but that guy couldn't be found. She knocked on Taehyung's door, but he didn't answer her.
Tiffany frowned. Where could that guy be?

"Tiffany ssi, your breakfast." Taehyung stood behind her while carrying a tray loaded with three bowls on it.

"Taehyung ah." Tiffany was gleam with happiness. "Stop calling me with honorific." She cutely approached her manager to look what he'd got on his tray.

"Chicken soup?" She looked at Taehyung. "Did you cook it yourself?" She smiled from ear to ear.

Taehyung sighed and tonelessly said. "Just eat your breakfast, director nim wants you to be ready in half an hour." Taehyung took the tray to the dining table.

Tiffany frowned. Taehyung's words were cold. There was no sign that they had slept hugging each other last night.

"Taehyung ah..." Tiffany followed that man to the dining table.

"What? Do you need anything?" Taehyung stood by the dining table and flatly gazed at her.

"Why are you acting so cold?" Tiffany pouted. "I know what you did last night."

Taehyung turned his back on her. "You must've had a fever."

"I did." Tiffany quickly shouted. "But somehow, you sent my fever away...." Tiffany was already twenty eight years old, but she was still looking shy like she was only eighteen years old.

Taehyung didn't say anything. He just walked away leaving Tiffany simper all alone.

........................................................................

If Tiffany thought everything would be back like it had used to be ten years ago, she was wrong. Taehyung kept acting cold in front of her. That guy didn't say much. It even felt as if he tried to minimize their interactions.

But Tiffany knew, what had happened that night was real. Taehyung had lied next to her, hugged her, told her that he was there for her. He had pecked her nose. And she had kissed his lips. Those things were real. Tiffany didn't know why Taehyung had to put on an act. Why that man had to give an impression that he didn't care about her.