Chapter 34

Tiffany ran so fast that she didn't even realize that Jungkook was standing outside Taehyung's fence.

Jungkook was taken aback to see Tiffany running like that. She didn't even see him there. That woman must be really shocked by something. Something that definitely had crushed her fragile heart.

"Kim Taehyung." Jungkook stepped into Taehyung's front yard.

Taehyung turned around. He had never expected Jungkook to be there at that moment.

"Tell me, did you mean what you said to Tiffany? Did you really mean everything you've just said to her? Did you?" Jungkook asked.

"Why are you here? Go away."

"You're the most disgusting man I've ever known. How could you hurt Tiffany like that? You know how much she loves you, but why do you treat her like that? Did you even mean what you said to her?" It looked as if Jungkook could feel what Tiffany felt. It looked as if Jungkook was the one who was deeply hurt by Taehyung.

Taehyung nodded. "I mean every word. That's why you have to take care of Tiffany. She is really stupid and naive. In a world like this world, she could bruise easily."

"Hahahaha," Jungkook laughed scornfully. "I love Tiffany with all my heart..., that's why I can recognize a face of a man in love when I see one. And your face can't tell a lie."

Taehyung gulped and it tasted really bitter. He realized that Jungkook wasn't as naive as Tiffany.

"I saw what you did for Tiffany. I saw how worried you were about her. I even saw your tears for her. Look into my eyes and swear to me by Tiffany's name that you don't love her. Can you do that, Kim Taehyung?"

"Why don't you just leave? Tiffany needs you."

Jungkook laughed again and his laugh sounded so harsh. "Don't patronize me, Kim Taehyung. I'm not you. I never leave. I always fight for what I want. I always fight for the woman I love."

"Then you can fight for Tiffany now."

"I said, DON'T PATRONIZE ME!!!" Jungkook shouted. "Do you ever know how it feels to love someone who doesn't love you back? Do you even know how it feels to be dying from love? Do you even know how precious Tiffany is? Do you even know how bad I wish I could make her forget you?"

"I don't know." Taehyung coldly replied. "But I know she's safe if she's with you."

Jungkook shook his head. "You were right when you said you were a fool. You are a fool, Kim Taehyung. Can't you even see how much Tiffany has sacrified for you? She doesn't hesitate to throw everything she had built away just for you, can't you see how much she loves you?"

"I can see that."

"If you can see that, then why are you so blind? I fucking wish I was you. I fucking wish Tiffany would love me the way she loves you. I fucking wish I'd never have to leave without her." Jungkook scoffed. "Look at you, you've got everything I want, but you try to send Tiffany away. Why? Why, Kim Taehyung? I know you love her."

Taehyung closed his eyes. It was the right time to tell Jungkook everything.

"Ten years ago, I killed Hong Hwayoung. And now his brother wants to avenge his death by killing Tiffany...."

"What? What kind of bullshit you're telling me?"

Taehyung sighed. "I thought I could protect Tiffany by working near her... But I realized, being close to Tiffany only triggers Hong Jong-hyun to hurt her even more. You've seen what happened to the strobe light and SM building." Taehyung looked at Jungkook.

"You mean... You mean... They happened because someone wants to kill Tiffany?" Jungkook glared. "Don't kid me, Kim Taehyung!" He hissed.

"Tiffany is not safe as long as Hong Jong-hyun knows I still love her. His sole intention is to punish me by killing her. He knows that will crush me inside out."

Jungkook gasped for breath. Everything made sense now. Jungkook didn't know why Taehyung had killed Hong Hwayoung, but he finally understood why he had to fake his death and why he had to come back to Tiffany's life. Jungkook finally could see why Taehyung acted so cold and hot towards Tiffany. How deep is your love for Tiffany, Kim Taehyung?

"So, what are you trying to play this time? What do you really want?" Jungkook asked.

"I hope you love Tiffany enough to marry her." Taehyung didn't blink. "Everything that happened in her past is all my fault."

Jungkook knew exactly what Taehyung tried to say. He had heard their conversation. Jungkook knew Tiffany had been pregnant with Taehyung's child, but somehow she had lost the baby. That truth really shook Jungkook to his core. The woman he loved had almost had a baby with someone else. Tiffany always refused to give herself to Jungkook, yet she had never hesitated to give herself to Kim Taehyung and got pregnant by him. How deep is your love for Taehyung, Tiffany?

"I know Tiffany didn't have an abortion." Taehyung closed his eyes. Everything felt so painful for him. "I know she lost her baby because she was really shocked to hear about my death...."

Taehyung let go a very heavy breath. He remembered how devastated he had been when he heard about Tiffany's miscarriage. He had had wonderful hope for their unborn baby... But he had indirectly killed it himself and caused Tiffany one of the biggest sorrows in her life. "And for that sin, I will carry this guilt for the rest of my life." He looked at Jungkook and not realizing that his eyes had been covered with tears. "My father caused Tiffany's mother's death... And I have caused her miscarriage. My sin is too big. I'm afraid I can never redeem for what I've done."

Jungkook was startled.

"But Tiffany is innocent. She is so... Pure to me. That's why I'm asking you... Please love her like you've never loved anyone before. Let her bury her painful past and let her live for her future."

Jungkook said, "our lives were perfect before you came. I blame it on you, Taehyung ssi. You've made too much mess."

"I know. I know that really well." Taehyung nodded. "I will take the blame. I will finish what I started years ago."

"What are you going to do?" Jungkook cocked an eyebrow.

"I will end everything."

........................................................................

Jungkook quietly and slowly walked to Tiffany's apartment. He knocked on her door.

It was Tiffany's father who opened the door for him. That old man told Jungkook that Tiffany was locking herself in her bedroom. Jungkook nodded. He had guessed she would do that.

Jungkook knocked on Tiffany's door and told her he knew about everything. And he needed to talk to her.

Tiffany opened her bedroom door. Seeing the trace of tears on her pretty eyes really ached Jungkook's heart. He realized Kim Taehyung had always been the source of Tiffany's happiness and pains.

"Tiffany," Jungkook opened his mouth, "will you marry me?"

Tiffany looked at him confusedly. She didn't say a word.

"I know how much you love Kim Taehyung. I know how much he means for you. I know everything you've done for him. And I also know the hole in your heart.... I know about them all. I know you've never loved me... Not the way you love Taehyung. But I also know I will be more than just a lucky guy if you can give me one tenth of your heart and love."

Tiffany only looked at that handsome guy.

"I know and I realize about everything that will hurt me, yet... I still want you to be my wife. Whatever you have in your past, let it stay in the past. I will try my best to be your everything so that you won't have to look back again...."

Tiffany hugged Jungkook. She realized how big his heart was. She hugged him so tightly, but she didn't say a word.[]

........................................................................

Well, a few more chapters left before it ends.... (^~^)