Chapter 26

Chapter 26

When we got home, everyone was staring at me. They were wondering why I was in such a hurry to get out of there.

"They documented us." I said. I was still shaking. They gave me confused looks.

"What do you mean?" My mom asked.

I reached in my and pulled out a file. Vincent Bloomingdale was written on it. He swiped it away from us. I took out the rest. Landon Donaldson, Aaron Donaldson, Cynthia Donaldson, Kendall Sparks, and mine.

"Where did you get these?" Kendall eyes locked with mine. He looked worried. I could get into trouble for stealing these, but I didn't care. This is too important.

"They had them in a room full of files." I glanced around the room. They were all looking at their file. Each of them grabbed theirs. Kendall examined his. A guilty look was on his face.

"Is something wrong? He shook his head. My mom picked up mine. She read it thoroughly. "They want you for your powers, Vivian. So they can carry out their plan." I felt a hand on my shoulder. I saw it was Kendall. 

"We'll keep you safe." He reassured me. I nodded and took my file.

Later on, I found Kendall in the living room. He was sitting on the couch, leafing through his file.

"Viv, there is something you should know." I looked at him waiting for him to continue. Instead he held out his file.

"Read this and if you still want to be with me, let me know." He stood and walked outside. The door shut behind him. I reached for his file and followed him out. I found him leaning against a tree.

"Kendall, I don't want to have to read a file to find out your secrets. If you want to let me know something you should tell me." I gave him a hug. He sighed. 

"Viv, I left my parents at a young age, I didn't know how to survive." He said.

"So how did you?" I looked up at him. He wore a grave expression.

"I had to kill to for blood. I didn't know how to get blood. But then Vincent found me and introduced me to blood banks." He looked relieved to get that off his chest.

"It's okay; you had to do what you needed to do for survival." I hugged him tighter. 

"Is it weird to kiss somebody who drinks something so vial?" He asked.

"Are we talking about coffee or blood?" He laughed at that. I smiled at him. He stopped laughing and the next thing I knew was he had picked me up.

"Do you want to go for a run?" He asked. I nodded and he took off. He sprinted through the forest, dodging trees as he did. It was really nice just moving and not thinking. He came to a stop. His heart was racing and he was out of breath.

"That was fun." I said and pulled myself closer to him.

"Yes, it was." We lay down and watched the stars, not having a care in the world.

A young woman walked into the file room. She was supposed to find Vivian Donaldson’s file. She searched through the files. Then she searched again. It was gone. She ran back to the board room.

"It’s gone. Vivian Donaldson's file is gone." She cried. Worry went through the room.

"Where is it?" A man shouted.

"Maybe someone misplaced it." A woman suggested.

Connor Morgenson puffed his cigarette. "If you don't know where it is by now, then you're all fools." He shouted. "Think, who would want the file?"

"Someone who knew were to get it." Said the older  woman.

"Someone who knew what it meant." A younger man chimed in. Connor Morgenson shook his head and stood from his chair. "Vivian Donaldson, herself." The room erupted with murmurs.

"We must destroy her." The older woman demanded.

"She is too important!" Yelled a tiny man.

"Then we'll destroy the things she loves." The same woman suggested. Again Mr. Morgenson shook his head. "Let me take care of her"

"How" A fairy man asked. He had removed his before.

"I'll make her world come crashing down."