v. curiosity killed the cat

The next day, Caroline had come over to Peter's apartment to, finally, finish their project

The next day, Caroline had come over to Peter's apartment to, finally, finish their project. While they were working, Peter started acting weirdly and kept rushing Caroline to finish up. Luckily, she was able to put the finishing touches on their project. It was weird for Peter to act that way.

When Caroline exited the building, she encountered a very familiar SUV: it was Tony's. She quickly hid behind a potted plant and began to watch.

Tony's guard/driver opened the billionaire's door and followed him inside the building. Letting curiosity get the best of her, Caroline quickly jumped inside the car, it was surprisingly unlocked, and hid in the last row.

Tony should get new security.

A couple of minutes passed and Tony was walking back with Peter beside him. Caroline couldn't imagine why Peter wouldn't tell her that Tony was coming over to pick him up. She already knew that Peter was Spider-Man, what else was there to hide?

As the boys got closer, Caroline crouched down as much as possible so that they wouldn't be able to see her. "Ha, ha, that was very funny, Mr.Stark," Peter laughed as he entered the car.

Butt kisser Caroline thought to herself. Peter's laugh sounded very much like a fake one.

The whole ride was very awkward, nobody spoke. Caroline could see Peter squirming in his seat. What she couldn't see though, was where they were headed.

Suddenly, the driver hit the breaks abruptly and everyone leaned forward. Everyone except Caroline. The redheaded girl smashed against the row of seats in front of her. A very loud thud was heard. Tony turned around and saw his niece rubbing her hand against her forehead.

"Caroline?! Stop the car," Tony exclaimed. At the mention of Caroline's name, Peter quickly turned around.

"What are you doing here?" Peter inquired.

"Well, um, can't I just drop by and say hello to my favorite uncle?" Caroline stammered, trying to sound convincing, yet failing miserably.

Tony gave her an 'I'm not convinced' look. "No, you can't."