xvii. it's time to suit up

Peter Parker sat on a bench inside of the Avengers Compound waiting for his mentor, Tony Stark, to arrive

Peter Parker sat on a bench inside of the Avengers Compound waiting for his mentor, Tony Stark, to arrive. Tony had quickly contacted him the night before, concern flooding over him after the Goblin's message had taken over the city. It was at times like those that Peter was grateful for having Mr. Stark in his life. The pair would try to create a plan to take the villain down.

The boy scrolled through various apps on his phone while he waited. He found himself with not much to do, considering that what he mostly did on his phone was talk with Caroline or Ned.

Peter cursed at himself for having lashed out on Caroline at dinner the night before. He was just so distraught due to the situation that he didn't know how to react, causing him to take it out on her. It was a bad move on his part and he didn't know how to come back from it.

Noticing that he had one new message, he opened the notification. His heart dropped.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

Betty Brant
Caroline and I
Green Goblin
Check Location
SOS

▬▬▬▬▬▬

A million different scenarios ran through Peter's mind; his pulse accelerated and began breathing both sharply and quickly. He could not wrap his head around Caroline, and Betty of course, being in danger. Had he not acted out yesterday, they might have not been in that situation.

This is all my fault.

Peter quickly checked the feature on his phone that allowed him to see Betty's location and saw that it was in motion to the waterfront in Queens. He bet that they were being taken to some empty warehouse where the Green Goblin was expecting them.

The teen hero was about to leave the compound, choosing to run instead of waiting for a car to pull around, when a man rushed past him.

"Mr. Stark? You were here all along?" Peter questioned, the man stopping in his tracks and turning around. Tony had a worried look on his face. It was fear, something Peter had not seen much of on him. "Nevermind, there is something bigger at stake. It's Caroline, she's in danger."