xiv. thank you, ned

Caroline and Peter didn't talk much the days after the kiss happened

Caroline and Peter didn't talk much the days after the kiss happened. It's not that they didn't want to, it's just that they didn't know how to approach each other.

Their social interactions nowadays consisted of smiling at each other in the school's hallways or in classes.

Neither of them had told anyone about what had gone between the two. Peter hadn't told Ned and Caroline hadn't told Betty. Nevertheless, both friends knew something was up.

For example, Ned had begun to notice the distance that had developed between Peter and Caroline.

"Dude, something is up," Ned told Peter as they walked through the busy streets of Queens after school.

"Ned, for the last time, I have no idea what you're talking about!" Peter exclaimed.

"Then how come you and Caroline have barely talked since that dinner at her house? Hm?"

"Just because we're friends it doesn't mean that we have to be together 24/7."

"Yeah, but since you had a crush on her I thought that you'd try to make something happen," Ned said.

"I did try, but I guess she didn't get the message," Peter sighed.

"You tried? How?" Ned smirked as he bumped Peter with his elbow.

Peter led out a loud sigh as he stopped walking and rubbed his hand against his face in defeat.

"So you want to know the truth?"

"Yes! Please, I'm begging you!" Ned begged.

The pedestrians walking by gave them strange looks.

"I kissed her," Peter whispered as he resumed walking quickly.

"You what? Oh my... you're kidding?!" Ned literally yelled. "Why didn't you tell me, man?"

"I don't know, I was just nervous. She was the first girl I'd ever kissed. It was in her room during the dinner party," Peter blushed.

"In her room?!"

"Don't think anything dirty. She was just giving me a tour of her apartment, we went into her room, started talking, and she looked so beautiful and was being so nice that I couldn't resist."