vii. buddy

A month had passed and Caroline and Peter still hadn't gotten the chance to talk to Harry

A month had passed and Caroline and Peter still hadn't gotten the chance to talk to Harry. He always disappeared during breaks and left school very quickly.

Caroline and Peter, however, did grow closer to each other. The redheaded girl also became a bit closer with Betty; sometimes they talked to each other during breaks or class.

As Peter and Caroline walked down the hall, they finally spotted Harry at his locker. It had been a miracle.

"Hey, there's Harry. We should go talk to him to see if we can gain any information from him," Caroline told Peter.

"Uh, I don't know. I'm not that great at talking with people. I work better behind the mask," Petter uttered, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand.

"I'm not that great at talking with other people either, but we can do it together," Caroline smiled.

Peter looked at Caroline, her warm smile distracting him, and built up the confidence to go and talk to Harry.

"Hi, Harry," Peter greeted as he nervously walked over to him with Caroline at his side. Somehow, he felt more confident with Caroline beside him.

"Hey, Peter," Harry smiled. Peter and Harry had been classmates for years, but they never really became close. The only person Peter ever grew close to was Ned.

"You're new right?" Harry asked Caroline.

"Yeah, I am. Peter was just introducing me to some of the students here. Is it true that your father is the CEO of Oscorp?" Caroline asked.

Peter sighed as Caroline asked Harry that. She didn't make any small talk and went straight to the point. That probably wasn't a good thing. It was true, she wasn't good at talking to other people. Peter could tell that the question had made Harry uncomfortable.

"Yup. That's me, the son of a billionaire scientist and that's what all of you care about. Thought since you were new you might've been different, but you're the same," Harry snapped. The boy closed his locker door, full of rage, and walked away.