x. we meet again

"Peter!" Caroline yelled through the crowd as she made her way towards Peter

"Peter!" Caroline yelled through the crowd as she made her way towards Peter. "Did you see the news alert?"

"Yes, Caroline."

"Well? Suit up!" she whispered excitedly.

"It already happened, Caroline. It's over. We need to go to the Compound and regroup. I'm already going so do you want to come with?"

"Since I already studied and did my homework, I don't see why not," she smirked.

"How did you do all of those things? We're literally leaving school right now."

"I'm a very responsible student, Parker."

"Sure, Westbrook."

Both couldn't help but blush and avoid eye contact. But as they were walking out of the school, Betty ran up to them.

"Hey guys!"

"Hey, Betty," Caroline greeted. Peter didn't speak so Caroline nudged him with her elbow. Peter grunted and just waved at Betty.

"I was going to ask you guys if maybe you wanted to come over to my place and study? Maybe something cooler if you want," Betty asked nervously. "Ned could come too if you want, Peter," she added quickly, with a hint of pink appearing on her cheeks.

"Actually, Peter and I already have plans. I'm Sorry, maybe some other time," Caroline suggested.

Betty smirked at Caroline. The redheaded girl just shook her head quickly in return.

Peter looked up from the ground to look at Caroline in disbelief.

Wait, did she turn her down for me? Yes! She turned her down for me!

After Peter got out of his little trance, he saw Betty walking away.

"Why did Betty leave?" he asked cooly.

"Seriously? You were literally right next to me. Were you even paying attention?" Caroline asked as she rolled her eyes.

"Nope," Peter answered, sounding a little bit too happy.