twenty-two

(Sorry for not updating, but IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE. There's been a little change.)

•Unedited

I didn't really try to look great, just shorts and a simple tee shirt, and then we got into Ethan's car and began driving.

"Are you nervous?" Ethan bit his lip while pushing up the turning signal then turning somewhere that led down a backroad. It looked familiar to the one I drove down whenever I went to Liz's house.

"Ethan, where are we going? If we're going to Liz's, yes the fuck im nervous!" My stomach dropped and it felt like there was a heavy blanket on my chest. I really didn't know how to face her. Some people might say I'm overreacting, but I was in love with Grayson, and Liz was my best friend.

I tapped my foot and Ethan explained that he had already told Liz about me coming and she was fine with it. I rolled my eyes and I realized we were extremely close to her house.

I knew they felt pity and they shouldn't because it was their fault. I'm not getting out of this stupid ass car. I should have never gone.

"Mya, really, don't worry about it. It'll all work out, I promise." He placed his hand on my knee and kind of kept it there for a moment before pulling it away and turning into Liz's driveway.

We arrived at her house and I got out. Ethan walked around and I literally fought him to get in the door. He kept pushing against my back and I would run behind him, unfortunately he would just catch me and put me in front of him again, pushing harder. I tripped over the doorstep falling and making my ankle crack.

"Ethan, ouch!" I held my door while squinting.

"Oh my god, My, I'm so sorry! Hold on," he rushed inside and oh, what happens next is just wonderful. I pull my hand back and my ankle is red and black with bruises.

"Grayson, come on! Liz, help me! I don't know what to do," Ethan rushed out the door, along with Grayson, but Liz remained inside. My eyes were still closed and I was laying my back against liz's house.

"What an entrance..." I muttered to myself.

Way to be subtle, you idiot!

"Crap, Ethan go get the medical kit upstairs. In the second shelf, right side of the bathroom."

Oh, so now he memorized her entire floor plan?

"Uh, uhm..... are you okay? Like your leg."

"Better than ever, Grayson," I opened my eyes, gave him a sarcastic smile and there he was, in front of me, examining my ankle. Why was everything in my life being destroyed, hurt, or ruined? It just doesn't make sense.

His eyes trailed from my foot to my eyes, and I was shocked. He looked terrible. (Lol wat impossible) His eyes were red, his hair messy, he just didn't look....... right. His hair had usually been spiked or slicked in some fashionly manner but now it was just sprawled across his head like a haystack. I could've sworn his eyes matched the color of dark red blood.

He waved his hand in front of my face, and I realized I was staring at him. How awkward. Where the hell is Ethan?!

Where is Liz?

"Got it!" Ethan fan towards me, plopping himself on the porch stairs and opening the first aid kit like a ninja.

"What do I do?" Ethan said, looking at all of the stuff with wide eyes. He leaned in toward my ear, "don't hate me but I think Grayson might have to do this. I don't know what this liquid is!" He held up a bottle of liquid bandage.