step 10: whipped cream

"p-please talk to me, j-jimin."

this was the first i heard you stutter. you've always held confident in what you said even when you're shivering in the cold. are you nervous? do you feel guilty? because i do.

"i-i want to hear your voice. please." 

you begging me to talk to you won't help. every time you say "please", it hurts. it really, really, really hurts, min yoongi. it's like something sharp is poking around in my stomach and the feeling that rises, telling me to forgive you, bubbles every so often. 

but i can't. i break easily and i'm a bitch to put back together. you should know this.

"i miss you so much. i-i couldn't sleep. i couldn't think about a-anything but you. you worry me, minnie. i-i don't know what to do with myself. i couldn't-"

"stop." 

you looked up at me with wide eyes, probably shocked that i said something. you inched closer on the couch and though we were far from physical contact, i felt like i was being pushed into a corner and that the walls around me were closing in. i felt like suffocating. 

"get out."

"w-what?"

"i said get out, min yoongi."

"j-jimin, but i-"

"i don't want to hear it. get out."

"please, ji-"

"before i push you out myself."

you stood up hesitantly. you walked to the door. i followed. you gave me one last glance.

"i j-just wanted you to know that.."

a very long, unsettling silence washed through the room. none of us were breathing. but i could hear taehyung and jungkook's heavy exhales around the corner. i knew they were listening in. 

i looked up at you, this being the first time i looked into your eyes in three months. i searched them, they were filled with worry and pain. i'm sorry for hurting you, but you started it first. 

yet i can't help but fall into my bad habits. 

your eyes still sparkle, they never dulled, min yoongi. they're still beautiful as ever. but i wish i always had you by my side, so i could admire them at any time of the day. 

"i love you, jimin. i'll wait for you if i have to. i never loved seokjin. i love you. i-"

"leave."

you swallowed hard and stepped over the threshold. 

"you too, jungkook. out."

i hear a soft patter of footsteps as the tall boy made his way in front of me. he hugs me.

"please don't stay mad at him. please forgive him soon. he really does love you." he whispers, soft and low into my ear.

i'm not mad at him. i never was. so i don't have to forgive him. 

he's the one who broke the fragile heart. he's the one who shattered his hopes for love. now that he's trying to pick up the sharp pieces, he's cutting himself. he bleeds despite having being cut so many times. 

jungkook, please tell yoongi to leave the shattered heart alone. he'll only get hurt more.