step 16: whole milk

i've had enough. i went to go see you. hoseok wanted me to check up on you since he went out with namjoon-hyung, to visit ilsan. he said you were going to be fine by yourself, but i didn't believe that. 

i don't want to go through this again, min yoongi. but i saw your face on the night of your birthday. your eyes told me they needed me. so why aren't you running to me right now? what am i to do? what am i going to be to you? why don't you just let me back into your life? because my arms are wide open for you to run to right now.

hoseok was forgetful enough to not leave me the key to your guys' apartment, but i remember there being a spare underneath the succulent pot in front of the entrance. i turn the knob only to find the house all tidied and organized. well, except the dirty dishes in the sink. 

before i came, i had visited the grocery store, unsure if you have eaten yet. and judging by the crusty stains of tomato sauce on the plates in the sink, i'm guessing the last thing you ate was a hot pocket and not recently. 

you can't stress hoseok hyung like this, yoongi. he's already had enough pressure going through a public, non-platonic relationship with namjoon hyung. cut him some slack, he's going through a lot.

i pull a little magic in the kitchen and made some cold noodles for you. i bring it to your room and place it on your desk. a week and it seems like nothing has changed. 

i take the blankets off your body to go wash them and i see you shrivel in your sleep. your face scrunches up and i saw the tears that stained your cheeks. i peel away my soft bomber jacket and put it around your shoulders, seeing that you automatically loosened up. 

i'm sorry. is this what i've done to you?

i go around the house for next few hours, cleaning and dusting everything off just to keep things tidy. i pull your warm, toasty blanket out of the dryer and swap it with my jacket. you seemed to like the warmth of the blanket, but your clutch was almost impossible to pull away off my jacket. luckily, you gave in, giving me possession again.

realizing it was five in the afternoon made me drowsy. i didn't even notice when i fell asleep on the couch, arms crossed and feet on the coffee table. i didn't even notice the empty bowl that now occupies the tray on your desk. i didn't even notice when you woke up and gave me a peck on the forehead. 

  ✗ ✗ ✗ ✗ ✗ ✗ ✗ ✗  

seokangels is so fluffy istg

-skye