step 14: gather ingredients

hoseok was stiff and pale once he opened the door for me. i see his eyes meet mine but quickly draw near the cake i had in my hands. i see color flood back into his face as he grins a little. "you're-"

"yeah. is he here?"

he shoots a thumb behind him, signaling that you were in your room. once i step in, hoseok lays an arm on my shoulder, whispering close. "he hasn't left in weeks. be careful."

i walk hesitantly knowing you haven't left. 

you haven't been working or producing music in the time being? 

i'm sorry, yoongi. this is my fault. i didn't know you'd be so affected by me.  i didn't know you cared so much. 

i didn't bother knocking when i reached the front of your room. i opened it slightly, peaking my head through and seeing the steady rise and fall of your shoulder. you've always been the cutest when you were sleeping. 

i placed the cake on your desk across the room and looked around. it would have been pitch black if it weren't for the moonlight shining through your window. 

with that, i came closer to the bed and sat awkwardly on the edge. you stirred and mumbled, "hoseok, i already told you i'm not going to eat. leave me alone." 

my heart sank. you haven't...been eating? hyung, you're already so thin. you need to eat. this is why you're too nice. putting others before yourself. putting me before yourself. how could you? do you really love me that much to not care about yourself?

my hand brushed against your shoulder and your face contoured. i love it when you scrunch your nose. you've always been adorable, asleep and awake.

"but it's your birthday today, hyung." i was scared. i haven't talked you in three weeks and in the first time in that period apart, i'm close to tears.

you froze in your sleep. you tossed yourself over and slowly opened your eyes. they widened and sparkled like they've just seen an angel.

"j-jimin?"

i chuckled at the sound of your raspy voice. your morning chords were always my favorite.

"hi, hyung. sorry for everything."

you leapt at me, hugging me so tightly that i almost thought i was going to lose the air in my lungs. i felt your tears wet the side of my neck and it was at that moment where i felt like everything was finally real. 

it was at that moment that i realized i needed you. and i regret leaving you stranded. 

it was at that moment did i realize, it wasn't our traditions or the adventures we'd go on that made me fall for you.

it was the fact that i spent those times with you and the littlest things about you that make you the min yoongi that i love oh so much.

"happy birthday, baby." 

  ✗ ✗ ✗ ✗ ✗ ✗ ✗ ✗  

such an emo bean rn

- skye