twenty ; this must be my dream

Cherry Valance:

I shot up, breathing heavily. Tears welled in my eyes as I thought about my nightmare.

My dreams always consisted of an unknown girl, going by Honey. She was simply my sweet escape from reality, a figment of my active imagination.

I never understood why my mind came up with Honey. She'd haunted my mind for years, ever since I was 17. Four years, she was a reoccurring thought. My mind played me dirty almost every single night, and the nights where my mind was blank I awoke sadly. I figured it was a sign, or complete and utter bullshit.

My feet led me out of my bed and into the bathroom. I stared at my reflection, you're crazy. I splashed cool water on my face before preparing for another day of classes.

I had relocated from Tulsa, Oklahoma, to California. Everyone seems brighter, happier, and more open minded here. It felt as if time sped quicker here than in Tulsa.

My red hair flowed to my mid back as I carried my books across campus. I decided to go into an English major, considering the only way I could ever express myself was writing about the girl who racked my imagination.

I sat down in my dreadful biology lecture, why did I even have this class when I wanted to be a writer?

My head was leaned against my hand as my pencil sketched lightly over a piece of notebook paper. Dark eyes with a structured face, long hair. I had fallen hopelessly for a girl that didn't even exist.

Another thing I never understood was why Honey was always classified as a Greaser in my dreams. My only guess towards that was how wild I made her out to be. I liked it, it was different from me. Living without the rivalry was better, easier. I wasn't Cherry the Soc anymore, I was just Cherry.

As the class was dismissed, I slid my notebook into my bag as I walked. Unfortunately, I collided with another body.

"Fuck, that hurt." A eerily familiar voice cursed.

I looked at the body across from me, when my eyes met with a set of dark ones my breath was caught in my throat.

"Sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going." I apologized in an attempt to compose myself.

"It's fine, I wasn't either." She coolly replied.

My eyes fell onto a notebook she had dropped, Cherry was written in various fonts. A blush instantly grew in my cheeks.

The girl quickly grabbed up her books, handing me mine before reaching her hand out to me.

"Thanks." I told her as I was lifted back to my feet.

"No problem." She grinned, making me melt.

"I'm Sherri Valance, but I go by Cherry." I inform her.

"My name is Melanie Winston, Honey preferably. I guess you already knew that though." Honey smiled.

I don't call Melanie 'Honey' just for fun, or because of how thick her walls supposedly are. I call her Honey because of the bittersweet dreams I had of her. The way she looked was golden like a drop of honey. My mind never played tricks on me, it showed me my dream. My dream girl, to be exact.

THE END
--------------------
ohmygod i can't believe it's over i loved writing this story. the ending is very cheesy i know, sorry bout that

UPCOMING STORIES
(to look forward to)
1) You're So Fine • Two-Bit Matthews
2) Dystopia • Cherry Valance
3) Save Me • Sodapop Curtis

COMPLETED STORIES
(incase you actually like my writing & didn't check these out)
1) Too Pretty To Be A Greaser • Ponyboy Curtis
2) Just Like You • Dallas Winston
3) The Outsiders: Imagines & Preferences

ONGOING STORIES
(just more shit i'm working on)
1) Good Girls Are Bad Girls • Sodapop Curtis
2) Stretch • Benny Rodriguez