26. Trust

Maan's pov:

I opened my eyes and my beautiful wife's face came into my view. Slowly what happened yesterday replayed in my mind and a contended smile curved on my lips. She loves me. Oh God I can't believe it happened she is completely mine now. My sunshine, my love, my world, my everything. I just kept staring at her who slept peacefully in my arms. After sometime I left and got freshen up but my darling is still sleeping . I came and slept beside her then continued my favorite task of staring at my wife.

She slowly stirred in her sleep and opened her eyes. She looked at me and I smiled looking at her but her eyes became wide and she hid her face under the duvet. I said, "Jiya. Wake up now. My family will come to wish me soon"

She just shook her head from under duvet. After some time she wrapped the blanket around her and took clothes from cupboard then went to washroom. She came back after freshening up but had not said a word. She quietly sat on sofa and hid her face in magazine. Why is she behaving so strangely? Does she regret what happened between us?

Her words replayed on my mind when she said, "Be honest with me."

I came and sat beside her and took magazine from her hand then placed it on table. I took her hand in mine and said, "Do you regret it?"

First time she looked at me in my eyes today and said, "no" she again looked down.

I annoyed said, "Then why you are avoiding me? Are you angry? Did I hurt you?"

She didn't say anything. Today I was happy that we are finally starting off as real couple. No, but she has to ruin it. I was about to go from there but she caught my arm and stood up then placed her hand on my cheek and said, "Why would I regret it Maan? It was bound to happen between husband and wife. I am glad that you are my husband and it was with the person I love. So why would I regret it? I truly love you"

It felt so good to hear that from her. She really love me but...

I said, "Why are you avoiding me?"

She looked down and hugged me hiding her face from me. She said, "Why I have such a innocent husband?"

Innocent? Me?

She said, "It was just awkward after yesterday night to behave normal. I don't know what to say and how to behave but my stupid husband has to take everything in negative sense. I can't even be shy in front of you. Why are so insecure Maan? We love each other and we are husband and wife. Is it because I said I love someone else before that you don't trust me now? You are afraid that I might stop loving you as well? "

I have no answer to her questions. I know I am insecure. I am always scared that she might leave me. Is it because of her past love? I don't know the answer.

When I didn't reply she moved away from me and said,"that's what you are worried about that I will stop loving you?"

I thought for sometime then I nodded my head in yes.

I thought she will get angry and scold me but no she said, "Maan you never asked me about what happened and who that guy is?"

I said,"It doesn't matter"

She said,"I thought I loved him and he loved me but all along he was cheating on me and I was so stupid that I didn't realize that. Suddenly one day he said to me that he doesn't love me anymore, he loves someone else and he is going to marry her. I was so hurt"

Tears left her eyes. I hugged her and said, "It's okay."

She said, "I lost my trust on love. I thought there is no emotion called love and no one can love you for forever. They can change anytime. I was scared of falling in love. I was not hurt that he didn't love me. I was hurt because I trusted wrong person. I was angry on myself. I was reason why my parents are not happy. I thought I can never be happy again. I forgot how to smile"