Part 9

Emelia's pov:

"Micheal come on we're going to be late for the show!" I yelled from downstairs and he came plopping down the stairs, still in his pajamas. "I'm not going." He said and I looked at him with confusion written all over my face.

"Why not Grace will want you there." Shawn said, walking up to us from the kitchen. "Well I don't want to go." He said and Shawn crossed his arms over his chest. "Micheal please." I said and he laughed. "Oh mom, common, you can't be disappointed. I'm only following the example." He said and I looked at him with big eyes.

"Micheal!" I yelled and he rolled his eyes. He's taking this a bit too far. Shawn just walked out the door and I sighed. "Okay, I get it that you're mad at your father but please just don't take it all out on him." I said and walked up to him.

"Micheal I can see you're sad. Why don't you just talk to your dad?" I asked but he shook his head. "I don't want anything to do with him anymore. And no matter what, nothing will change. And he won't listen." He said and I sighed.

"Okay but will you at least just do this for Grace?" I asked and his eyes met mine. "Fine." He huffed and walked out the door after getting dressed quickly. "This family is falling apart." I said to myself as I walked out of the house, locking the door behind me.

We arrived at the school and walked to the hall to watch Grace's performance. I sat next to Shawn with Micheal on my right. We watched the stage till the lights went on and I saw Grace running onto the stage.

Shawn took my hand in his. I'm shocked by this action because it's been so long since he did it. I looked down at our hands and felt sad, feeling the tears in my eyes pooling up and almost making my vision blurry.

After the show we waited outside for Grace to come out. "Daddy!" She yelled the instant she saw Shawn. He picked her up and covered her face with kisses.

"You were beautiful princess." He said and I pulled Micheal into my side.

From the outside we may look like a happy family but the moment we step behind closed doors, everything changes.