Part 10

Shawn's pov:

When we got home it was all back to the way it was before we left. Fallen apart and broken. "No Micheal. Get down here!" Emelia yelled and he came back downstairs.

"Okay I'm going to take Grace to her room. And you guys really need to talk this shit out that's between you." She said sternly and Micheal sat down on the couch. She took Grace up to the bedrooms and I sat down next to my son. "Micheal please just talk to me so I can know what I must do to make this right." I said but he didn't even make eye contact.

"Micheal please." I said and he sighed, looking over at me with a irritated look on his face. "You're a dick dad." He said and my eyes went big. "Okay I think I deserve that. But what can I do to not be a dick anymore?" I asked and saw him wanting to laugh.

"Please just smile." I said and chuckled lightly. "Okay that was a real conversation starter." He said and I laughed, he smiled and it felt so good to see him smiling again. But then it got serious again.

"Dad. Grace needs you. I need you. Mom needs you. You're never home. Grace is still to small to ever understand what's actually going on but she feels the loss of you." He said and I rested my head in my hands.

"I'm sorry about that but you know how busy it is. This isn't a normal career and it's a lot of work to keep going." I said and he nodded standing up.

"Micheal?" I questioned and he turned around, looking back at me. "You know dad, I always looked up at you. The way you treat mom, Grace and us, but that all changed. I loved how you're eyes always lit up when you saw Grace running up to you, but you don't even have that anymore. Do you even love her? If I'm a dad I don't want to be anything like you. I will actually make time for my kids, no matter how busy I am. And no matter how tough the times are." He yelled. My heart broke at his words.

I stood up and wiped my eyes. "Fuck you Micheal." I said as I walked past him out of the door. I looked back at him and saw the sorry in his face but I just kept walking.

"Dad! I'm sorry!" He yelled but I got in the car and drove off to the park. I need time to clear my mind and figure out what I'm going to do.