Chapter 28

"Iori, you can tell me anything. What is it that's wrong?" Kim asked him in a soft tone and he looked up and looked into her eyes before opening his mouth.

"I.... I am going to America for college," Iori said and quickly embraced his girlfriend, as if she were to disappear in that moment.

She hugged him back and could feel tears coming in her eyes at the thought of him leaving but didn't say anything and kept quiet.

Iori kissed the top of her head and stroked her hair and after a few minutes of them being in silence, Kim finally spoke.

"T-thats good, right? I have heard that they have one of the best colleges in the world- for all courses." Kim tried her best to smile but failed as Iori could feel her shaking against him.

It broke his heart to see her upset but showing that she was happy- for him.

He rested one of his hands on her head, "I'll stay, if you want me to."

Kim quickly pulled away and shook her head. To avoid confusion, she quickly spoke,

"No. Its not that I don't want you to stay, but you have worked so hard and you're going to a good college right? You'll get a better education there. Which means a future and a better life. I want to help you achieve your dreams, and not hold you back. That's why, I won't ask you to stay. Rather, I'll ask you to keep calling me, okay?"

Iori nodded with a tear streaming down his face. He doesn't know what he did to get such an amazing girlfriend, but he's glad he has Kim.

"When will you leave?" Kim asked him after wiping her own tears that had streamed down her face.

"After 2 weeks. I'll have to get used to the college campus and all." Kim nodded at his words and hugged him again.

Kim pulled her head back a little so that she could kiss his cheek and tightened her arms around him right after it and failed to see the blushing Iori, who was flustered and surprised by her actions.

"I love you."

"What the fuck, Lu!" Kim exclaimed as the said girl had randomly burst into hers and Amber's room and sat on Kim's lap even though there was space on the bed.

"I love you." Lucy made a kissy face at the shorter girl who just leaned back, all the while, Amber and Nancy were laughing at their best friends in the background.

Lucy stuck her tongue out at the two of them before getting out of Kim's lap -much to her relief- and sitting on the bed beside her.

"No Kaname?" Amber asked and Lucy nodded with a pout. Kaname had gotten busy with work due to god knows why but he just did. And no, he wasn't cheating on Lucy. If he was, Lucy would've known, after all, she had her sources.

Nancy sighed before speaking, "we all are sad because our boyfriends are busy, right?"

Everyone nodded at her words. It was the bitter truth. Fuuto was on a tour and Natsume and Kaname were busy with work and Iori, he was busy with packing and stuff.

"Her guy is leaving the country and she's not stopping him. Isn't she the best girlfriend a guy could ask for?" Lucy exclaimed and hugged the said girl, making her chuckle at the stupidity of her best friend.

"You know I won't hold him back. It's a miracle that I've met him, I don't want to cross my limits. But yes, I'll miss a lot." Kim confessed with a sad smile on her face.

They knew that they weren't supposed to be in this world. But here they were, in love with the guys, who they once thought were fictional and out of their reach.

The four of them got silent after that. They knew it all along, but now that someone said it, they didn't want to believe it. They wanted to believe that it was their world and they deserved to live there.

"What if we never go back?" Amber questioned hopefully and Kim shrugged. "We never know what's going to happen."

"And that's why, my friends, lets think about positive things and be happy. Like, food!" Lucy took out chips from her bag and opened the packet so that everyone could eat it.

They were happy, and thats all that matters to them.