Chapter 5: Late

Your POV:

It was the end of the school day and all the parents were picking up their children. Almost all the children were gone. The only children left was a little boy named John and Natalie.

I was very confused. Grayson was never late. Natalie was always one of the first to leave which never gave me the chance to talk to Grayson much because I was always busy sending off the other children.

Johns parents soon came and picked him up apologizing for being a little late. I assured them it was ok as they walked out the door and I turned to Natalie as she had her coat sitting on her table along with her back pack.

I walked up to her and sat next to her "where's your dad this time?" I chuckled. It caused her to crack a little smile. I could tell she was upset.

"Don't worry Natalie. I'm sure he'll be here in a few minutes. He probably got busy at work sweetie." I said pushing her hair out of her face.

"What if he forgot about me Miss (y/l/n)?"

"He'd never forget about you honey. He loves you very much." I said smiling kindly at her to put her at ease.

Grayson's POV:

"Shit" I cursed out loud once I realized what time it was. I didn't realize what time it was. I have to go get Natalie she's gonna get out of school here in a few minutes.

I finished up what I was doing at work and told my boss goodbye in a hurry and headed towards the school.

I'm gonna be at least 15 minutes late. Shit. Natalie probably thinks I forgot her. Oh my god she's gonna be so upset.

I was driving a few mph above the speed limit hoping to cut back some time but of course I keep getting stopped by every single light in town.

I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel and ran my hands through my hair out of frustration. Natalie is gonna be so upset. I hate when she's upset. She's all I got.

I pulled into the school parking lot and chose a close parking spot and hurried into the school.

I sped walked down the long hallway to (y/n)'s room. I walked into the doorway and saw (y/n) comforting Natalie.

I knew she'd be upset. "He'd never forget about you honey. He loves you very much." (y/n) said.

"I'm sorry I'm late." I finally said. (Y/N) and Natalie both turned to look at me. (Y/N) smiled "oh it's fine Natalie and I were just talking."

She helped Natalie out her coat on and Natalie smiled at her.

"Natalie we have that fancy dinner tonight remember?" I asked.

"Can Miss (y/l/n) come too?" She asked.

Your POV:

"Can Miss (y/l/n) come too?" Natalie asked Grayson. He probably has a date going with him already.

He looked at me not sure of what to say. I don't know what came over me but I looked at Natalie and said "I'd love to. As long as it's ok with your dad of course." I said anything before  Grayson could. He smiled at me as Natalie smiled supper big at the thought of me going with them.

"I'd love for you to come." Grayson said. Natalie hugged me out of excitement causing both me and Grayson to chuckle. "I'll see you at Ralph's at 7." He said smiling as he picked up Natalie and headed out the door.

I couldn't help but smile. It was Valentine's Day and I actually had a date. Or was it a date? Natalie was going so it probably wasn't.

I didn't mind if it was a date or not I still got to see Grayson a little more than usual. I smiled at the thought as I locked up my classroom. In matter of fact I smiled the whole way home.