Chapter 13: Content

Your POV:

I woke up this morning with nothing but Grayson on my mind. The date was great but all I was mainly thinking about was what was said on the ride home. Did he really mean what he said when he said that I was his and he was mine?

I shook off my thoughts trying to get ready for work. I felt like today was going to be a good day considering the good mode that I woke up in this morning.

For the first time in a while I felt content. I felt content with my whole life it seemed. This hardly ever happened. It was almost too good to be true. I smiled as I walked down to my kitchen already dressed with my hair in a low ponytail and my easy makeup look completed.

I sat my phone down near my purse and began to just pour myself some cereal since I really didn't have a whole lot of time to make breakfast.

I grabbed the box of Cheerios out of one on my top cabinets and poured some into my bowl. I put the box away as I grabbed my milk. I filled the bowl up with milk to drown the cereal and then I walked to my drawer that held all my utensils. I opened the drawer, grabbed the first spoon I saw, and closed the drawer with my hip.

As I walked back to my bowl of cereal I dropped my spoon into the bowl has my phone buzzed.

Grayson- Good morning beautiful.

I'm guessing he was serious about what he said last night. I smiled. I could get used to this.

You- good morning :)

I carried my phone over to my bowl of cereal and sat it next to me while I ate just in case he decided to text me again but sadly he didn't. He was probably busy getting Natalie ready for the day. I smiled at the thought. He was so good to her.

I loved when guys were great with kids and he was perfect in that aspect. He was perfect in all ways if I'm being completely honest. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I dipped my spoon into the bowl and brought out nothing but milk.

I rinsed my bowl and spoon and dropped them into the sink. I grabbed my phone off the island and stuck it into its usually place in my purse.

I slipped on my shoes at the door and walked out of my apartment ready to take on the day with a better mood than usual.

As I arrived at work I was a little later than usual but it was no big deal because I still had plenty of time before the kids began to show up.

I got everything set up for the day with plenty of time. As I was finishing just my last thing the first kid showed up which immediately put a smile on my face.

I watched as he put his stuff in his cubby and said goodbye to his mom and soon after many other kids began to show up doing the same thing he did.

Days like this made me love my job. I loved when the days went by smoothly and I could just focus on the kids.

Natalie walked in with Grayson's hand locked with hers. As she stepped into the door she turned around to face her dad and wrapped her arms around his neck as they exchanged a few words.

Grayson looked up and gave me a cheeky smile and winked as he walked out probably because of the way I was watching him. I didn't care though. I loved watching him with Natalie.

**********
The school day went by quick probably because of how well everything went. None of the kids seemed to act up and all of them did well with the lesson.

I smiled as all the parents walked in to pick up their children and exchange a few words with me.

As soon as Grayson walked in I locked eyes with him as he greeted his daughter with a smile. He picked Natalie up and rested her on his hip and he walked up to me.

"Was she good?" He asked poking Natalie in the belly causing a giggle to erupt from her mouth.

I smiled at him and pushed a strand of hair behind my ear. "Of course. She always is." I said as I smiled at Natalie.

Grayson's smile turned into a smirk as he looked at me. "So I'll see you later?" He asked. I smiled and my cheeks heated up. "Natalie and I would love to have you over for a movie."

I looked down at the ground and back up at both Natalie and Grayson, "I'd love to." I said with a warm smile.

He returned the smile as he walked out of the room with Natalie resting her head on his shoulder.

I'm glad he asked to spend more time with me. It'll be nice to just sit and relax with him and Natalie instead of going on a date. I'll be able to get to know him a little more. I loved getting to know him because he seemed to be full of surprises.

I grabbed my things and locked my room behind me. I smiled the whole walk out to my car. I smiled maybe even the whole ride home.