Chapter 22: Ethan

Grayson's POV:

I took the day off work because Ethan said he was gonna fly and come visit me and Natalie for a few days just to kinda fill me in on everything. Ethan's flight is supposed to land here in about five minutes so I'm sitting in the airport waiting for him.

"Grayson!" I hear a low voice that's all too familiar. I stand up and run towards Ethan and we take each other into a big hug like we always used to.

"God I missed you bro." I said as I released Ethan. He smiled at me.

"Me too bro. Me too." Ethan said.

"Lets go ahead and head back to my place so you can get settled in and you can surprise Natalie when she comes home." I say helping him carry one of his bags. He laughs as he follows me out the airport.

We walk out of the huge building and make our way to my car. "Same car I see." Ethan says with a chuckle.

"You've only really been gone for a year and a half." I say laughing.

"True." He says sitting his stuff into my trunk.

We both hop into my car and I make my way out of the airport parking lot.

"So what's been going on with you?" Ethan ask as we get on the highway.

"Well nothing really. Natalie's beginning to get mad because I'm a boy and I don't "understand" her." I say putting quotation marks around understand.

"You knew that was gonna happen." He responds with a chuckle.

"She'll be excited to see you though." I say smiling at him.

"I know." He says smirking at me. I huff at his sly remark. "Have you started seeing anyone yet?" He ask changing the subject and acting more serious.

"Uh. Um yes I have." I say as I feel the heat rise to my cheeks.

"Really?! Who is it? Did you meet her at work or something?!" He ask already super excited.

"No uh actually she's Natalie's teacher." I respond scratching my head.

"Ew Grayson! Is she old?!" He ask already really confused.

"No no no. Not at all. She's 22 and trust me her bodies far from old." I say with a smirk.

Ethan responds with a disgusted face because he obviously realized what I was hinting at.

"Well will I get to meet her?" He ask trying to cover up what he heard.

"Well I can invite her over later. I don't want Natalie to see her around because she could get into trouble at work for being involved with me." I say as I pull into my driveway.

Ethan sighs as he jumps out of the car and head to the trunk to get his stuff.

Your POV:

The day went by fairly quickly and now I was grabbing my purse and keys off my desk and heading out the door. I locked up my classroom and walked down the long hallway and out the front doors.

I was hitting the button on my keys to unlock my car when a familiar voice rung through my ears. "Hey beautiful." I blush at his greeting but I'm quick to wipe the smile off my face.

"You know we can't be seen talking to each other." I say with a serious yet loving tone.

"Yes I know but I wanted to invite you over because I gotta tell you something." He says quickly.

"Ok. What time?" I ask thronging my purse into my car.

"Right around the same time as last night. I'll text you later." He answers as he makes his way to the car. I chuckle and shake my head back and forth as I settle into the drivers seat.

The whole ride home I couldn't help but think of what he might have to tell me? Does he not want to see me anymore? I just need to calm down.

I sigh as I pull into my driveway. I walk into my house just like any other day and I plop right down on my couch and take my shoes off just letting all the thoughts of what might happen later take over my brain.

I lay there for a few minute on my back with my eyes closed just relaxing and contemplating but soon sleep takes over and the last thing I remember was sitting my phone down on the coffee table.