♡ Broken Promises ♡

3rd Person POV
\\\\

Tord sighed, as he sat down near a crystal blue lake. He stared down at his reflection. Small tears were falling down his face, and he wiped them with his signature red hoodie.

"W-Why?" he choked out. "Why did you have to do this? I thought I did everything right? I thought I made you happy... Ha ha, classic stupid Tom..."

Tord picked up a small stone and threw it across the lake. It skipped a few times, before finally sinking.

"I don't understand..." the male whispered, "What...drove you to do this? I should've been there for you..."

Tord slowly stood up, and gently placed a red rose in the lake. The rose slowly floated away, getting farther and farther, until it was finally out of Tords view.

"Red roses were your favorite, weren't they Tom? I always listened to the little things you would say...." the male made a small sigh, as he started to walk away from the lake.

He stopped his tracks and turned around, taking one last look at the lake. The view was very beautiful. The birds chirped, the trees leaves gracefully fell down, and the suns rays sparkled on the top of the lake.

Tord frowned, making one last comment,

"I really wish you were still here, the day I found out you committed suicide was heartbreaking for me. I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep, I just couldn't be happy. A world without you is hard to live in. Everyday I'd lie awake thinking about what I could've done to prevent you doing such a foolish action! Did you forget the promise you made to me? That you'd never leave me..."

                            ~Flash back~            (They're 5)
                          3rd Person POV

Tom and Tord were having a play date at the park. They were both joyfully taking turns pushing each other on the swings, and just overall having a good time.

You know what they say, time flies when having fun. Night came, and the sun finally set. It was time for the two boys to start going home.

They decided to sit down on a wooden park bench while they waited for their parents to pick them up.

"Today was super fun, let's hang out more often!" Tom giggled, as he hugged his best friend.

"Yeah! You should come over my house next time we hang, my dads are the best!" Tord said, returning the hug.

"Sounds like a plan!" Tom replied, as he parted from the hug.

After waiting for a few minutes, a red truck finally pulled up.

"Well, my parents are here. Where's yours?" Tord asked, standing up from the bench.

Tom shoved his hands in his pockets, "I guess I'm walking home today..."

"We can drop you off, I'm pretty sure it's alright with my dads!" Tord giggled.

"Really?!"

"Yeah, of course! That's what friends are for, right?"

"Thank you so much!"

Tord and Tom both sat in the back seat of the car. Tord lied his head down on Toms shoulder.

"Hey, Tom?"

"Hm?"

"Promise you'll never leave me, and we'll be friends forever?"

.  .  .

"I promise, Tord."

                       ~End of Flashback~

3rd Person POV
\\\\

More tears streamed down Tords face. He dropped down to his knees and cried uncontrollably.

"You broke your promise, you had so much to live for! Why did you leave me?! I loved you, goddamnit!" Tord exclaimed angrily, pounding his fist in the ground.

Tord felt a cold shiver run down his spine. He felt a presence right behind him. He looked behind his shoulder to see an angel with a blue hoodie hugging him from behind.

"I love you too, Tord"

~

stay sparkling