♡ Cuts and Scars ♡

WARNING: mentions of self harm

3rd Person POV
\\\\

Tom locked himself in his room, not wanting to deal with his beloved. He dropped down to his knees, feeling wet tears begin to fall down his cheek. Tord and him had gotten into a huge argument, one worse than the others.

Tord had accidentally barged in while the blue hoodied male was changing his shirt. While Tord was flustered, what caught his eyes were the bright red lines on Toms arms.

-In the past hour-

Tom went into the bathroom to change out of his hoodie into a grey long sleeved shirt. He took off his signature blue hoodie, and then picked up his grey shirt. As he was about to put it on, he jumped in shock when he heard the door creak open. Tom looked behind him to see Tord with his eyes wide, staring straight at his wrists. Tom tried to cover them, but Tord had already seen them.

Tord marched over to Tom, an angry look on his face. He gripped Toms wrist to examine the cuts more clear.

"Tom, what the hell is this?!" Tord shouted, worry and concern in his voice.

"Oh, this?" Tom questioned, pointing to his cuts. "I was trying to get Ringo to put on a costume for Halloween a few weeks ago, but she got mad and decided to claw me. I've already had a word with Edd about it, there's no need to tell him."

The lies slipped through Toms lips as if it were nothing. Unfortunately for Tom, Tord wasn't convinced.

"Bullshit!" he scolded. "You did this to yourself, didn't you?"

"No! Why would you even think that? I'm honestly hurt you'd think that, Tord," Tom defended, as he pulled his arm away from Tord.

"Oh, you're hurt? Well I'm hurt that you don't tell me the truth! There's no way in hell Ringo did this, there's far too many cuts. Please just tell me the truth so we could go get you help, love..." Tord shot, holding onto Toms arm.

Tom shoved Tords hand off, "I've already said the truth, what more do you want me to say?"

"You know what, Tom? Fine! If you're going to be stubborn then I won't bother. Why did I even agree to date you? You're never honest with me!" Tord snapped.

Hearing those words, Tom started to cry small tears. He looked down at his feet, not wanting Tord to see his face. He started walking to his room, not daring to look Tord in the eye.

Tord felt awful, realizing what he had said. He reached out for Tom, "Wait, Thomas I-"

"I don't wanna hear it..." Tom sniffled, as he went inside his room, slamming the door shut.

-present time-

Tom sobbed quietly, taking out a small black box from underneath his bed. He carefully opened it, and grabbed the pocket knife that was inside.

He placed the knife at his wrist, and started to make small cuts on his scarred flesh. As he kept going, he started cutting deeper. Once he was satisfied, Tom cleaned the pocket knife and put it back in the box. He shoved the box underneath his bed, and dabbed tissue paper on his arms. He didn't know how to clean them properly, so he always prayed that they wouldn't get infected.

Suddenly, Tom heard a knock on his door.

"Tom...?" Tord called out, making a couple more knocks.

"What do you want, Tord?" Tom grumbled, hiding his wrist behind his back.

"I'm sorry for what I said earlier, I wasn't thinking before I spoke, and my temper got the best of me..Please, honey..Forgive me.." Tord sounded hurt, and depressed.

Tom felt his heart break even more. He opened the door out of pity, pulling Tord into a warm and loving embrace.

Tord pulled away first, already having Tom's wrists in his hands. "You've been doing this for a long time, haven't you?..You have a fuck ton of scars..Classic Stupid Tom. Don't you know? Blades are for skating, not cutting your wrists."

Tom couldn't help but giggle a bit at what Tord said. "Y-Yeah..I guess so.."

Tord sighed. "Come on. Let's go clean these properly, and we'll go from there, alright?...And I want this to be the last time you do this to yourself, understood?"

"Alright, Tord..." Tom smiled. "I promise i'll never do it again."

☆~ ☆

Made with the help of Gamzee_Is_Gay 💓💫🌸

stay sparkling