♡ Hang in there ♡

WARNING: Mentions of suicide

-

3rd Person POV
\\\\

Tom was locked up in his room, drinking all of the smirnoff bottles in his small fridge. Only one thing was on his mind, 'drink to forget.'

He felt like crying, but no tears would come out. He felt like something was eating him up inside. His conscience would always tell him he wasn't good enough. He was always scared to look at himself in the mirror in fear this was true.

Tom downed his last bottle of smirnoff as if it were water, drinking every last drop. Once he was done, he threw the bottle at the wall. The bottle made a loud crash, and small glass shards were scattered all around the carpet.

He dropped down to his knees, sobbing quietly. His horrible thoughts weren't helping with his depression, they were just making it worse.

'You're so worthless!'

'Why do you go on?'

'You're nothing but a fuck up'

'Those friends of yours would be much happier if you were dead'

At this thought, Tom burst into tears. He didn't want to admit it, but it was true. Edd had stopped caring and checking up on him, Matt stopped being his cheerful self, and Tord would probably much rather be with someone else than Tom.

Toms depression just brought everyone down.

Tom hated living like this. He wanted these thoughts to stop. He had nothing to go on for, so what was the point in living?

Tom walked over to his closet, sliding open one of the doors. He reached to the very far back, pulling out a noose he had been contemplating on using for a while.

Today was the day he was going to end his miserable life.

-

Tord was making sandwiches for his friends, since he wanted to do something nice for all of them. Mainly the reason being since he wanted Tom to get out of his room. He hadn't come out of his room for hours, causing Tord to get worried for the poor alcoholic.

Tord knew Tom was going through a rough time, and he was scared Tom would do something stupid. He just wanted to make sure Tom was alright.

Once he finished preparing the sandwiches, he called the three to the table.

"Edd! Matt! Tom! Lunch is ready!" he shouted, as he placed down paper plates on the table.

Matt and Edd were at the table within a matter of seconds. Tord was puzzled, since usually Tom would've came down by now.

"Hey, have any of you guys heard from Tom?" Tord asked, his eyes filled with worry.

Edd and Matt shook their heads 'no,' their faces showing a small look of concern. Tord didn't think twice, and just started sprinting toward Toms room. He had a bad feeling something had happened...

-

Tord slammed open Toms door, not bothering to knock.

"Thomas?!" he gasped, looking up in horror.

Toms lifeless body was being hung by a noose. His face was a light purple, and his cheeks were stained with dry tears.

Tord felt his eyes become watery, and he dropped down to his knees. He felt the world stop spinning, and he felt like he couldn't breathe.

"T-Thomas...why...?" Tord sobbed quietly. "I-I thought I did everything right...I thought I was always there for you...Why didn't you tell me you were feeling this horrible?"

Tord sobbed quietly into his knees, wet steamy tears falling down his cheek.

"I-I'm so sorry I barely payed attention to you, love... I should've been there. I should've done something! Thomas, what hurts me is I could've prevented this...!" Tord frowned. "I love you, Tom...Why did you have to end your life so soon...?"

Tord carefully slid off Toms body from the noose, holding Toms lifeless body in his arms.

"I hope you're happier, wherever you are, Tom..."

☆~ ☆

Did you catch that pun in the title?
(don't kill me please)

well, that pun was brought to you by a delicious bowl of Eddsworld cereal c: 🥣

stay sparkling