Chapter 26

Isabella's POV:

"Joshuaa." I shook Joshua's arm, trying to wake him up. "Joshua." I tried again, nothing. Then I smirked and sat down on the edge of his bed. Leaning down I brought my lips to his ear before yelling. "GOOD MORNING!" Jumping back, Joshua leaped out of bed and I started laughing.

"So not cool." He said groggily. Walking over to me, I tried to contain my laughter but failed. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead. "Morning to you too." Leaning in for a kiss, I pushed him away and pointed to the bathroom.

"Try again after." I walked out of the room, closing the door on my way and walking down the stairs. My phone buzzed in my pocket, (which scared the living hell out of me) I removed it and looked at the text.

From Auntie El,
Hey Izzy, can you do me a hugee favour tonight and watch Aubrey? Me and Lou got invited to a wedding social and you're the first I thought of. I know today's your first day back at school so it's optional. Xx

I sighed, and not one of those.. Oh great, now I have to babysit sighs. The whole school thing, just overwhelming. But I do get to see Autumn again, she seemed really sweet when I met her. I texted back, smiling as I did so.

To Auntie El,
I would love to! It'll give me a chance to get to know her better! And don't worry about it, I can finish any work after Aubrey goes to bed. Text me what time I gotta be there. :) Xx.

I put my phone back into my pocket and barely realized Joshua standing in front of me. I smiled and walked forward. Joshua pulled me closer and looked me in the eye.

"What about now?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. I pondered for moment before shaking my head.

"Nope, we're gonna be late." I grabbed my bag off the couch in his living room and said goodbye to Joshua's mum. "Bye Sarah! Thanks for letting me over this morning!" I slipped on my jacket and beanie, then my boots and walked outside into the fresh and cold weather. I really hate London, but at the same time I loved it. I do miss Canada though, it's a beautiful country.

"Hey wait up!" I heard the front door shut and the snow crunching behind me. Soon enough I was lifted off the ground. I squirmed in Joshua's grip before he finally put me down. Our fingers intertwined as we walked down the sidewalk towards our school. "How come I didn't get a kiss this morning? Are you mad at me?" Joshua complained. I laughed before stopping and pulling on his arm. I shook my head and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I was just saving it for the right moment." I replied, smiling.

"Close your eyes." Joshua stated simply. I closed my eyes, wondered what he was going to do. If it's like last time I'll end up in the snow again... "Okay, open." Joshua held a small box in his hand, and my hand flew to my mouth.

"Joshua..?" I asked quietly.

"Before you get any ideas, this isn't me proposing. And seeing your face, you're obviously confused. Isabella, you are my everything. I use to think that when I was younger that love was for people who were crazy. People who needed someone to keep them grounded. When you said we were friends, it hurt. A lot. I was over the moon when you kissed me. I wanted that to happen ever since I laid eyes on you. I guess now I realized that I am crazy. Crazy for you." Joshua opened the box and inside was a ring, with a small sapphire in it. Tears ran down my cheeks as my hand still stayed covering my mouth. "This is a promise ring, a promise that I will keep until the day we part. I love you Isabella, forever and always."

"I love you too Joshua." I wrapped my arms around Joshua and he quickly returned the favour. After placing the ring on my finger, we continued our journey to school.

~5 minutes later~

"Finally! I swear one more minute and I would've- ISABELLA! My gosh!!" Autumn ran over to me and gave me a bone crushing hug.

"Hey Autumn!" I smiled trying to escape her hug. "Can't breathe." I joked, and she let go.

"Sorry! It's just been FOREVER!" Autumn laughed, giving Joshua a hug. "So are you two together now?" She asked, eyeing our hands intertwined.

"Yes." We said in unison.

"Awe! Well come on! These Grade 10's needs a new couple to talk about!" Autumn pulled us along the sidewalk and I looked at Joshua. He smiled and gave my hand a reassuring squeeze.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
A/N: if you want to see the promise ring then Kik me at

@SammyRiggs

~Sammy