Chapter 12: The Game

Bubbles POV

I woke up at 9 and remembered Buttercup's promise of lunch later today. I took a shower with my lilac scented shampoo, conditioner, and body wash, then brushed my teeth with my minty toothpaste. I walked into my closed to decide my outfit and decided on a pair of mid thigh white shorts and a baby blue ruffled tank top. I wore tan sandals, let my hair down and straightened it. I applied my normal full face of makeup, only opting out of the eyeliner for a more natural look. I was about to go downstairs to start the morning, but I heard a screaming match start between dad and Buttercup. Uh oh.

"I NEED TO KNOW WHAT YOU WERE DOING!! YOU AREN'T 18 YET!"

"DAD, I LIVED ON MY OWN FOR OVER A MONTH!! I CAN TAKE CARE OF MYSELF! I DON'T NEED YOU ALWAYS LOOKING OVER MY SHOULDER!!"

"BUTTERCUP, YOU OBVIOUSLY DO NEED SOMEONE TO LOOK OVER YOUR SHOULDER SINCE YOU KEEP DOING STUFF LIKE THIS!!"

"UGH I'M NOT TELLING YOU WHAT I DID SIMPLY FOR THE REASON THAT IT ISN'T YOUR BUSINESS!!!"

"UNTIL YOU'RE 18 IT IS INDEED MY BUSINESS!!"

"I'M NOT TELLING YOU, PROFESSOR!" She spat his name out like it was poison in her mouth.

"BUTTERCUP! I'M GROWING SICK OF YOUR BEHAVIOR AS OF LATE AND AFTER TOMORROW, YOU'RE TRANSFERRING BACK TO POKEY OAKES AND SELLING YOUR APARTMENT!!"

"I DON'T WANNA LEAVE COUNTYSVILLE!! NOBODY LIKES ME IN POKEY OAKES!! THEY ALL WANTED ME DEAD!!" I flinched at the reminder that only a few weeks ago, we thought our sister was dead.

"MAYBE YOU SHOULD'VE THOUGHT ABOUT IT BEFORE BREAKING ALL THE RULES I SET AROUND HERE!!"

"I'M NOT GOING BACK THERE!! THEY HATE ME!! ALL MY FRIENDS ARE AT COUNTYSVILLE!!"

"MAYBE THAT'S THE PROBLEM!!"

"HOW IS ME HAVING FRIENDS A PROBLEM??? PLUS MY BOYFRIEND GOES TO COUNTYSVILLE!!"

"MAYBE YOU'RE BETTER OFF WITHOUT HIM!!"

"NO!! I-I love him... PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME LEAVE HIM!!" I listened as her anger made a sudden change to desperation. I felt something twinge in my chest, she really did love this guy...

"You should've known your actions as of late would have consequences, I even warned you. Don't think you can make me feel bad about this, you'll see later that it's for your best interest."

"DAD NO PLEASE!! TAKE ANYTHING ELSE, PLEASE!!" I had never heard my sister so desperate before. Blossom came up beside me and whispered in my ear. "What's going on..?"

"The professor said he's taking Buttercup out of Countysville after tomorrow and won't let her see Butch anymore."

"Bubbles... did you see their tweets yesterday? He can't do that to them... I mean, she has been acting up recently, but she's so happy with him..."

"I know, I've never heard her sound so desperate... listen."

"BUTTERCUP, MY DECISION IS FINAL AND YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT THAT! YOU BROUGHT THIS ON YOURSELF!!"

"DAD PLEASE DON'T DO THIS TO ME!! HE'S NOT THE PROBLEM!! Please..." Blossom and I could hear her voice crack on the last word and looked at each other in concern for our sister.

"We are done with this conversation. I don't want to hear anymore about it." I had never heard the professor so cold before.

I heard her choke down a sob, "f-fine!" She finally ended their rather heated conversation and slowly made her way up the stairs, where Blossom and I were sitting. She was covering her face, trying to hide the tears, but we could see them. Without looking at me, she stopped by us and said. "Bubbles, I'll be ready for lunch in thirty minutes, Bloss you can come if you want..." Blossom and I looked each other, both thinking the same thing. How could he do this to her?