XXXXII. like a model as per usual

Junghee slowly made her way down the hallway, whipping her head around constantly to insure that she wouldn't run into someone.  It was definitely a task to walk around in a group of people since one whole side of her vision was dark. In the past few days Junghee had started walking around for short distances, mainly just around her room. The evening of the day before her release, though, she was dying to get some fresh air and see the sky. There were no windows in her room.

The only option to get up to the roof was the stairs, so Junghee forced herself to step up on them. By the time she reached the top she was feeling mildly exhausted. Due to not moving for a solid three weeks, Junghee's muscles were a little out of practice.

The rooftop was breathtaking to say the least.  It was nearing sunset, and the sky was already streaked with warm colors.  Junghee thought nostalgically back to the time she's hung out with Jinyoung and he's been standing on the balcony in front of the sunset.  It was amazing how fast her feelings had grown for him.  While she knew that it could be simple infatuation, somewhere inside she know her feelings were real. 

Peaceful silence filled the air, apart from the sounds of a city.  For Junghee, city noises were like a lullaby and being in silence at night was simply uncomfortable. 

The sound of a door being opened broke Junghee out of her reverie, gravel crunching beneath the person's feet.  Junghee slowly turned around, making sure to hold onto the rail.  To her surprise, Youngjae stood before her.  "Um, hi, what are you doing here?" she asked curiously.

Youngjae smiled warmly at her.  "Well it's not really me that's meant to be here.  Jinyoung's waiting in the hallway because he's too nervous so he sent me first."

"Oh," Junghee said.  As soon as Jinyoung's name passed his lips her heart at jumped in her chest and she felt her cheeks getting hot.

"I believe his exact words were, "make sure she's okay with seeing me"," Youngjae said in his best impression of Jinyoung's voice.  It wasn't very good.  In fact, Junghee was pretty sure she could do a better impression which was rather telling seeing as she was astronomically horrible at them.

Junghee cleared her throat and tucked a few strands of hair behind her ear.  "Of course I'm okay with him coming, why wouldn't I be?"  Youngjae simply shrugged and turned to retrieve Jinyoung from the hall. 

Jinyoung stepped out of the door looking like a model, as per usual.  Youngjae winked at them and whispered something in Jinyoung's ear which made him choke on his spit.  The previous man laughed and slapped his back a few times before passing by the door and shutting it with a quiet click.  Jinyoung shoved his hands in his pockets and smiled at Junghee shyly.  Okay but how can he be this cute isn't it illegal or something?

"Hi," Jinyoung mumbled, grinning in her direction.  Before Junghee could greet him back, he held up a finger and spun around with his eyes closed.  It appeared he was giving himself a pep talk which Junghee found rather amusing.  By the time Jinyoung turned back to her, Junghee was grinning and holding in giggles.  The look on his face pushed her over the edge.  For some reason when he turned around on his face was a demented version of Flynn's smolder from Tangled.

Jinyoung grinned and attempted to say hello like Fynn said in the movie, but his accent muddled the word and it came out funny.  Junghee laughed.  "Maybe stick to Korean, yeah?"

After several minutes of awkward small talk, Jinyoung shoved his hands in his pockets and looked at the fading rays of sunlight.  "I have something I need to tell you," he confessed quietly.

Junghee looked at him intently before replying, "Go ahead, I'll listen."

Jinyoung nodded appreciatively but didn't say anything. He was clearly gathering his thoughts as he furrowed his brow in concentration. Junghee watched the people passing on the road below and wondered what Jinyoung could possibly be planning on telling her. She hoped it wasn't something bad, and another part of her wished that he would confess that he had feelings for her or something to that effect. Of course that was a long shot, but a girl can hope.

Finally, Jinyoung cleared his throat and turned to face Junghee. He took her hands in both of his and looked deeply into her eyes. Junghee licked her lips and stared back, searching for a clue as to what he would say next. "Promise me you won't get mad," Jinyoung whispered, looking at their hands as he skimmed his thumb over the back of her hand. All the nerves in Junghee's body tingled at his touch.

"I can't promise I won't get mad, but I can promise I'll try to be reasonable," Junghee replied, tilting her head to the side with an encouraging smile.

Jinyoung took a deep breath. "Okay so hear me out before you say anything and I'll try to be quick since you're probably tired. Um, so, you know how you've been texting that guy named Jinyoung for a while now?"

Junghee nodded and narrowed her eyes, trying to piece together what he was saying.

"Well, um, I know who that is."

Junghee's eyes widened as she gripped his hands tighter. "You do?" Jinyoung nodded. "Who?"

"Me," he breathed out.

Junghee's heart stopped.

-

um so here's this. there won't be another update until next weekend. so like not this Saturday but the next hopefully. under the best circumstances I'll be able to update every weekend but I already know I'm going to be exhausted so yay for that.

thanks for reading beautiful xx