YXXXIII. officially creeped out

No matter how many times Junghee played that night over in her head she couldn't bring herself to regret not sending the original message to Jinyoung.  Even then as she scrolled boredly in her seat through their old messages and felt a rush of affection for the man she'd never actually met, she had yet to want to tell him what had really been on her mind. Somewhere in her head Junghee knew that she should feel bad for probably waking him up just to eventually say something dorky.

"Kwon Junghee?"

Junghee wiped her sweaty hands on her pants and shoved her phone in her back pocket as she stood up.  "That would be me," she said, making her way over to the nurse who had appeared from the side door.

The nurse smiled at her from behind her bangs and held the door open for Junghee. The strong scent of sanitizer washed over Junghee's senses as she pulled her sleeves further down her arms and watched her feet. Her shoes made light tapping sounds on the white tiled floor. Once they reached the examination room the nurse had her sit on the bed and lift one of her sleeves. After doing a few routine check ups the nurse stood up and smiled. "Doctor Choi will be in in a moment."

Junghee nodded and watched the nurse until she'd closed the door with a quiet click. Looking around the room, Junghee realized that all the rooms in this wing of the hospital probably looked the same since the ones she'd been in were decorated the same way. The room was painted gray with a short charcoal carpet covering the floor and a fake potted plant in the corner. A bright light hung just above the bed and four other smaller lights ornamented the remaining ceiling space. A mini office type of thing took up the corner to the left of the door, two hard looking chairs opposite it.  Junghee tapped her fingers on the crinkly white paper beneath her legs as she waited. One of the worst things about being an adult was that you had to go to the doctor on your own and figure it all out without the help of your mom.

A loud bang outside startled Junghee out of her absentmindedness and had her straining her ears to hear what was going on. Not 15 seconds later the door handle turned and in stepped a flustered looking young doctor holding a clipboard upside down. He pushed his glasses further up his nose and sent her a grin. "Hey Junghee, how are you doing today?"

Junghee smiled back at him and shrugged. "I took off the patch a while back and my eye is totally fine, I think."

"I noticed," Doctor Choi chuckled, "and that's exactly what I told you not to do."

Shrugging again with a gigantic smile, Junghee said, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Doctor Choi shook his head in amusement and scooted his desk chair closer to the bed. He pulled a thin flashlight out of the breast pocket of his white coat and shined it in her eye. Junghee blinked rapidly and subconsciously leaned away from the brightness. After a few more tests Doctor Choi seemed to be satisfied with the check up.

"Your recovery seems to be going pretty well, Junghee. There's still a little swelling, but that's pretty normal so you shouldn't be worried so long as your eye doesn't start oozing and the swelling doesn't get too bad. Please let me know if anything feels weird.  You must be almost out of eye drops by now, though, right?" Doctor Choi said as he wrote a few things on his clipboard.

"Mmhm," Junghee confirmed, taking the prescription paper he handed her. She wished Doctor Choi had been the one to perform her surgery since he was one of the few doctors she trusted, but Junghee also knew that the one who had performed her surgery came highly recommended from lots of other good doctors.

After Doctor Choi asked her a few more questions about her eye Junghee was good to go and thanked him on her way out. In order to avoid making eye contact with anyone as she walked, Junghee examined the prescription. There were so many long words it almost made her eyes hurt and Junghee soon gave up even trying to understand what was written. Doctor Choi's handwriting was exceptionally better than the typical doctor, but that didn't help with reading the way too long name of the prescription eye drops she used.