The Out-of-hand Date

Chapter 9: The Out-of-Hand Date

Mikasa's POV

"W-wha?" I asked confused by Eren's tone of speech. It was Monday and Eren was leaning beside my locker playing with my hair.

"Do you want to go on a date with me?" He asked.

I narrowed my eyes at him and slapped his hand away.

"I don't know Eren from what I heard about you I don't even want to go to class sitting next to you" I growled.

"Pleasssse you won't regret it" he promised. "What are you going to do? Take me out so I fall for you and you screw me after?" I snarled.

"What no! Although your plan sounds better" he winked at me. I rolled my eyes wanting to vomit.

"But I just plan to get to know you better" he says.

"So after school?" I asked making his eyes twinkle. "Mhm just be ready by 8" he said.

He gently touched a lock of my hair in between his fingers.

"See you then cutie" he blows me a kiss then left.

"Ugh" I rolled my eyes then went to my sixth period.

But for some reason he left my stomach full of butterflies and my heart pounding.  I can't believe he asked me out on a date though. But was it a real date? Would he really be....I don't know; normal?

I couldn't tell Krista about this. Usually I would but for some reason I didn't want to.

Maybe because I actually did want to go on this date but just to see how it would be like.

Being close to him...seeing him smile and all.

My heart fluttered and suddenly I couldn't wait till school was over. Only two more hours left anyway.

I walked in class and took a seat in my assigned chair.

The rest of the day seemed to go by slow though. Ever since Eren told me he wanted to take me out the day's time has dramatically decreased.

But finally those long two hours was up and I was impatiently waiting to get home.

I went to the entrance of the school and saw Levi already outside waiting for me.

"Hey" he greeted me and opened the door. "Hey" I said and got inside.

"Why you look so cheerful?" He asked while taking off home.

"No reason" I said, adding a giggle. "Erm is it okay if I go out tonight?" I asked.

"Sure I don't care I have to take Petra to go visit her dad in the hospital" he said. "Aw what happened?" I frowned.

"Heart attack he was lucky to service but the doctors told us he didn't have much time to live so we want to spend a lot of time with him" he said in a sadden tone.

I can see why this made him sad.

Petra would have to walk down the ile holding someone else's arm rather then her dad to be married, he was like Levi's own dad and Petra loved talking about him.

We all loved him and even if I didn't know him that much he did sound like a great person.

"I'm sorry Levi..."I trailed unable to say anything else but sorry.

"It's okay besides your going out so have fun" he said when we got home.
"We'll be there till closing which is 1 am" Levi said.

"Mkay" I said and got out the car. I waved to him and watch him leave before going inside.