May I Have This Dance

Chapter 20: May I Have this Dance?

Eren's POV

It was 6:23 that night. I had managed to talk it all through with the doctors and thanks to Mikasa's determination we managed.

I had managed to get her dressed up in the dress I bought her which we both agreed was beautiful on her.

I grabbed my phone out and took a picture of her.

I was dressed as well.

While Mikasa laid in her bed I had called Annie.

Annie: yo wassup?

"Hey Annie can you do me a favour? Mikasa is okay and I'm taking her to prom...do you mind sending us some food?" I asked.

Annie: aw prom in the hospital so cute! Anyway Jean will be sending it, we gotcha bro

"Thanks Annie a lot and can you tell Jean to pick up some flowers?"

Annie: sure thing

I hung up and put some music on from my playlist then walked over to Mikasa.

I noticed she didn't have that heartwarming smile that she just had across her face seconds ago. She seemed so depressed.

No doubt it's what happened to her. I couldn't stand the sight of her to be honest.

I hated looking at her body. I loved it but at first glance it brings back terrible memories of what happened. The incident. I couldn't bare to look correctly into her eyes.

"Why you look so sad?" I asked with a small frown.

Even though I know I thought it would be good to make sure.

Her gray eyes graze up to mine. A small but remorseful smile playing on her face.

She looks back down at her body. As if saying "Eren...this is what's wrong... I'm loosing everything and is slowly crumbling right before you".

But after a few silent moments she finally clears her throat to speak.

"It's just...we both been through a lot. Actions have consequences...this is what I get for being so self absorb and staying in the past" she frowned.

"When I got hit I thought I was dead... I didn't want to die but it really did feel like I was gone. I didn't want to die without fixing things between us, without saying sorry, without being closer to you" she sobbed.

"If I died without doing any of that I might as well go to-"

"Don't say that Mikasa. We may have our differences, our arguments and all but I will always love you no matter what, why else do you think I keep coming back?" I say bending down beside her.

I placed a kiss on her cheek.

"I owe you this, my life Mikasa, you've changed me and I want to spend the rest of my life with you" I say cupping her chin.

I see her shiver a bit which makes me smile.

"Eren" she says making me take a step back.

"Mikasa" I smiled holding out my hand. "I know I can't make you forget what I've done to you back then or what's happened to you now...but I would do my best to make sure you're still happy and act as if nothing ever happened" I say grabbing her only hand.

She winces a bit but smiles forcefully. "Thanks Eren" she giggles.

I help her stand up, a new song has begun. A slow one.