Miserable

Chapter 18: Miserable

Saturday, May 22nd. (8 days till prom).

"What's wrong with me" I groaned through my pillow while Petra sat on my bed listening to what had happened two days ago.

"Being your auntie and best friend I'm going to say this Mikasa...What IS wrong with you??" She rambled.

"I know I know" I groaned in agony for like the hundredth time.

"Mikasa he obviously is in love with you. Your in denial and can't seem to get out. I know what happened between you two hurt you so badly but he's trying to take you on dates, talk to you and for God sake he even asked you to your senior prom! He's madly in love with you and your just pushing him away" she rants.

"Petra...can I be honest with you?" I asked setting the pillow aside and sitting straight in my bed.

"Of course" she smiles genuinely. Gosh she's so perfect.

"I love Eren. A lot. But it's just I'm afraid to get hurt by him" I shake. "Getting hurt by the one you love is excruciating" I say softly with tears slowly dripping down my face.

"Oh honey don't cry" she says rubbing my arm.

"He hurt me before then again. I can't risk getting hurt a third time...not by him" I shivered violently as if the saying effected me.

"I know how it feels but at times you have to take risk Mikasa. He seems to love you and if you love him back just tell him that" she smiles positively.

"I'll try..." I trailed.

"Oh don't you have to go get your hair done with your friends?" Petra remembered, standing from my bed.

"Y-yeah" I say standing up from my bed as well.

"Well better get ready" I say. She nods and pulls me into a tight embrace. "be safe I'll be at work" she says quickly leaving my room.

I sighed and sat back down on my bed and turned my phone on.

0 messages.

Geez I really did mess up. Usually Eren would be bombing my phone apologising but I guess I pushed that button on him.

Now he's going to go to prom with another girl... it's all my fault.

I have to fix it. I want things between us to work otherwise we'll be in the same college arguing worthlessly.

I went to my messages and clicked on Eren's ID.

Mikasa: I'm sorry for everything. Really. Please forgive me. If you want we can talk about this together and work things out.

I wanted to send it. But something told me I would regret it.

I nodded my head and turned my phone off.

Moving here was such a bad idea. I always mess things up.

I decided to get ready now, just to take my mind off of the situation. I dressed in a white short thigh length dress with golden sandals.

I brushed my hair down and waited in my room for the girls to show up.

I was still contemplating on whether I should send that message or not. It was only a matter of time. Now or never- sooner or later.

I started thinking about Eren and the nice things he's been doing to express his love. Eventually, us making love came into my head. It wasn't until my mind got clouded with more dirty thoughts.