He doesn't care

Chapter 10: He doesn't care

Mikasa's POV

I wore a black long sleeve shirt, skinny jeans and black boots. Not my best outfit but how could I help myself when I needed something to match this long behind shirt to cover the big hickey Eren had given me.

"That jerk...." I frowned looking at myself in the mirror.

I can't believe I let myself be overwhelmed by him.

All that trash talk about never wanting to be with him, hating him and having nothing to do with him was for nothing if I ended up screwing with him.

I sighed and grabbed my book bag and my cell then went downstairs where I saw Levi waiting for me.

"Hey kiddo, ready?" He asked as I made my way down the steps.

"Yeah" I spoke lowly. He gave me a long look before opening the door and allowing us to leave.

The whole car drive there was quiet. I didn't want to speak a word about anything. Levi being smart stayed quiet as well because either way he wasn't going to get nothing out of me.

"Thanks" I said getting out the car and closing the door.

It was five minutes till first period so all I had to do was walk there and hopefully don't run into him.

When I entered the school I walked down the hallways although everyone looked... different? I guess.

They was all looking at me. Snickering, some girls glaring at me, others taking pictures of me.

I gulped nervously wondering where this was heading.

What did I do?

I looked behind me and noticed it was me they was all looking at.

"What...did I do?" I muttered inaudibly to myself.

I felt relieved when I saw Krista, Mina, and Sasha.

"Hey guys!" I waved making them jump. I made my way over to them but instead of greeting me they turned there heads.

"H-hey guys...what's wrong? Why is everyone​ looking at me?" I asked.

They still didn't say anything.

"Guys..." I frowned.

They probably know...after all everyone knows what Eren does.

They remained quiet and it was obvious I wasn't needed anymore.

I felt tears pricking at my eyes. To think they would support me and we're true friends.

I sighed and walked away.

I walked with my head down so I could ignore the snickers and glares.

It just wasn't fair...

I bumped into someone lightly but didn't bother to look up. "Mikasa...wha-" Jean started but I walked right passed him.

I went in first period and even the teacher gave me a look but instead it was full of sympathy.

I sat in the back of all my classes today. I didn't say anything and in gym I participated but this time alone. We played dodgeball and everyone was reluctant to pick me. It was so painful.

I just stood there holding my arm uncomfortably as the ball flew passed me.

I just wanted this day to be over.

When lunch came earlier I didn't eat. I just went to the library and read books but that was when I stumbled upon Armin who didn't seem to care if I was hated it not. He was even nice enough to tell me why everyone was giving me those looks.