-3-

Distant

Grayson's POV 

I wake up, go into Ethan's room because our bathroom is in there and the only way you can get in is by going through his room. As I pass by his bed I notice his phone is in his hand, still on. I lean over and see why it's on and I surprise myself with what I see. It was Catherine on the other line, they were FaceTiming and they fell asleep together. I rush into the bathroom after feeling sick. 

I put both my hands on the counter of the sink and sigh. She's falling for him. What is there for me to do? I proposed too early, and it caused so many problems. Ethan's hurt, Cat's confused. I rushed, it was too early. And now it's too late. 

Ethan's POV

I felt Grayson look over my shoulder, shit. I woke up while he was in the bathroom. Cat was still asleep. I waited for her to wake up. She finally did. I grabbed a paper and pencil and wrote "good morning :) gray's in the bathroom - can't speak" She smiled. I walked downstairs to talk to her. 

"Good morning." I smiled. She smiled back. 

"Morning you goof." 

Cat's POV

Honestly, I seem so much more happy around Ethan. But I do know that I need to talk to Grayson, it just didn't feel right anymore. I got ready and dressed and texted Grayson. 

Can we meet somewhere? I need to talk to you. 

Sure. Let's meet at the park near your house.

Okay.  

My phone starts ringing, Ethan wants to FaceTime. (bold: Cat - italic: Ethan) 

Hey what's up 

Hey gorgeous. I just wanted to see your face.

Is that all you want me for? For my looks? Fuck off Ethan. 

No Cat I didn't mean it that wa- 

I crack a laugh. 

I'm kidding goof, I got you. He sighs in relief. 

Listen, I'm having a talk with Grayson today. About us. I want you Ethan. 

I want you too Cat. I love you.

I'm pretty sure I love you too. But it's too soon to say that. We need to go on tons of dates.  

I wink. He agrees. I hang up after talking and head to the park. 

"Hey." I say, sitting near Grayson. This is so awkward. 

"Hey." he says. 

"Listen I don't want to hurt you Gray. I hope you know that." I say. 

"I know you don't Cat." He says. 

"I'm so sorry about all of this. I just can't control my feelings for Ethan." I say. 

"I just want to know, how did all your feelings for me just go away? 10 months for nothing?" He asks. I start to realize how much time we spent together. Gosh this is so damn confusing. 

"Grayson I don't know who I'm falling for." I say, beginning to break down because I am overwhelmed with my own thoughts. 

"I have an idea." Grayson says. 

"Why don't you cut off all communication from the both of us. And whoever you start missing first and the most, that's who you want." He says. I like this idea. 

"Alright, all communication is cut off after this conversation. You let Ethan know what i'm doing." I say. 

"Okay." Grayson hugs me. He smells perfect. I love his hugs, they're so protective and I feel safe in his arms. I hug him back. 

I guess I'll have to stay away from the both of them until I start missing one of them. I head home and see my parents. They came back from their trip. I hug them and head up to my room. I fall asleep. Sigh, this is gonna be a long night. 

---------

a/n: Chapter 3! I hope this isn't too shitty :( . i tried lol . update tmr! comment who you think she'll miss first ;) - winners get shoutouts! 

- peace