-6-

Tis The Season

--- 2 months 

Cat's POV

For the first few weeks, I missed Ethan the most. Then the following weeks, I missed Grayson. This is so damn confusing and neither of them had done something for me to move on from them. It has officially been two months since I have seen or heard from either of them, and it is also the holidays, which means the boys have to come home for Christmas. I wasn't so ready to be honest. 

And what's worse is that my mom apparently ran into Lisa at the grocery store and they are now, and I quote, "BFFs". So now I am forced  to spend Christmas with the entire Dolan family, including the boys. Although it's not such a huge deal, I am more worried about what I'm going to feel and who I'm gonna feel it for. 

"Cat!!" My mom screams from the kitchen. 

"Yeah!" I call back. She calls me downstairs. 

"Why don't we go shop for presents today?" She asks. I squeal in excitement. 

"Yesss! Let me go get ready." She smiles at me and then says, "Remember Cat. A present for the twins, and Cam." 

"I know mom." I run upstairs to wash my body. After brushing my teeth on put on my ripped jeans, a black sweater and my converse. I put my hair into a pony tail and while reaching for my choker, I accidentally grab the golden necklace that Grayson bought me on our 7 month anni. I slowly set it back down and frown a little, put my choker on and unplug my phone from my charger. 

------- 

We finally begin shopping and I decide to buy the twins' gifts first. 

"Hmmm what'd you think Grayson would like?" My mom asks, nudging me a bit. I roll my eyes playfully. 

"I honestly have no clue. I mean I know what he likes but the pressure is messing with my ideas." I say, looking at male earrings. I decide to get Grayson a few gifts instead of just one, and I'm doing the same for Cam and Ethan. The first gift I got for Grayson was a pair of Christmas tree shaped earrings. I laugh at the idea. 

I walk to the beanie aisle and try to find a beanie for Grayson. I pick up a red and green one, he'd wear this on Christmas day. And finally the third gift, I give him a necklace. The necklace has a thin chain and hanging in the center was a metal outline of the peace sign. 

After getting Grayson's gifts I move on to Cameron, kind of feeling bad that I didn't do hers first. I get her three things as well - a pair of socks that have two elves on it, because I got myself a pair too so we could match, a wristband that says "my brothers suck <3" and lastly, a pair of jeans that she's been wanting for so long. They were black and capri style and loose as well, they were also distressed. 

Finally, it was time to shop for Ethan. This was the most difficult, considering the fact that we had only spoken for a few days before cutting all communication off with him. It's been so long. I bought Ethan a new skateboard, surprise surprise. I also bought him a black hoodie with a turtle on it and I bought him a pack of 7 pairs of Nike socks. I will say, I went all out on him. I kind of felt bad for Gray so I also bought him the same pack of socks. I bought a gift for my mom, which was a set of spa things - face masks, body moisturizers, hair treatment oils, all that stuff. 

I bought my dad a set of baseball bats, since he's such a sucker for the sport. I was finally done with Christmas shopping. I just had to wrap them all. I got a text from Cam saying: 

the boys just landed. come over to wrap gifts? 

I was down to wrap gifts with her and I really wanted to, but was I ready to see them? I can't just bail on Cam so I decided to go anyways. 

"Mom could you just drop me to Cam's house? We're wrapping these gifts together." My mom chuckles, "Oh sweetheart, totally forgot to tell you! Lisa and I are going to wrap gifts together as well. We'll head there together." 

"Oh, alright." We finally get to their house, I wonder if the boys are here yet. I nervously get out of the car. My mom knocks on the door. 

I clench my fists waiting for it to open, not knowing who'll be the one to open it. The door opens and I gasp. 

Oh my god. 

-------- 

a/n: Chapter 6! who do you think it was? and why is Cat so surprised? comment your thoughts/guesses. im probably gonna update later this week but here is tuesday's chapter. 

- peace