10. The curious case of Carnelian Quartz.

[Y/N] found it incredibly tedious to look through the files, the swiping, the digging deep was far too complex for her to care to understand.

However, Yellow Zircon seemed to be in her element, her hand-writing scrawling out small notes as she read and re-read every key piece of evidence with small, 'hmph' or 'hmmm' noises, clearly deducing the relevant terms.

[Y/N] would discretely steal glances at the room from time to time, identifying that Yellow Zircon very much liked the colour yellow and soft renditions of it.

Pale yellow walls with soft glass panes on the roof overlooking the setting sun(s)- or what [Y/N] assumed were suns - a desk and soft looking sofas in the right corner, a home-world equivalent of a Tv, apparently untouched, and taking centre piece was a crystallised table with a plant pot with a cactus in it, and Yellow Zircons files and other things.

Looking at the soft seating area was when [Y/N] felt her injuries haunting her, from pangs of pain to prolonged aching, it varied until it became a solid feeling.

Her body hurt, her arms ached from being pinned above her head, her ass-cheeks now apparently numbed from whatever cream Blue Zircon had applied, thinking back to Blue Zircon, [Y/N] decided that she was more in her element playing human doctor than anything.

Blue Zircon seemed less skittish when she was treating [Y/N] and more formal and doctor-like than a mere undertrained nurse.

Yellow Zircon liked law,
Blue Zircon liked order and wellbeing.

[Y/N] found a small smile playing at her lips, despite all the torment she had endured only a few hours before, she couldn't help but find it in her heart to forgive the cruel actions she was held accountable against.

'the case, WE, are looking at' one word in that entire phrase kept [Y/N] scrambling hard at work, the fact she could infer that she had been referred to as Yellows associate, meaning maybe the slave work was just meant to be an acquaintance for her.

Liking that idea, [Y/N] found herself fixated on a single page in the files, the almost empty and bland page, her personal information.

She had read it so much it became a sort of melody in her mind, her curiosity and short attention span, had previously gotten the better of her,

'
Gem type ; Carnelian, Quartz.
Gem Cut ; facet 65, cut, 2AQ
Age ; 100,000
Emerging area ; beta kindergarten, earth
Basic Information ; wild and unruly. shorter than every other Beta gem, spends time with Jasper facet 79 cut, 5XQ.
Personal Information ; declared defective by Blue Holly Agate, facet 21, cut 2CV
Behaviour record ;
13 cases of insolence, 23 cases of unruly behaviour, 5 cases of indecent acts towards another gem. '

Something about the name stuck around in [Y/N]'s mind and wandered aimlessly, she couldn't for the life of her figure out why.

It was like a cat attempting to paw a laser pen, always trying, looking at new angles, always almost succeeding but never quite.

Relaxing her mind after focusing hard and trying to find the missing piece to her unburied puzzle, [Y/N] found herself scrolling though the lists of Quartz rapidly.

Thinking back to the new convict, it almost saddened her when she came to the realisation Homeworld was a place where no gem was unique.

The gem apparently had no personal traits, no special nicknames, her name was shared with multitudinous other Carnelians that [Y/N] had had the luxury to look up, when Yellow Zircon had announced she needed to get Blue Zircon.