4- The Black T-shirt

Nathan slowly pulled up outside the brightly lit pizza shop. He glanced over at Andy who was already making her way out the car.

"I thought you would have wanted to stay in the car."

"Shut up. Come on, you're letting your wife starve."

They both walked hand in hand into the shop. The man at the till stared at them open mouthed. There was a woman who was cleaning the tables but had now stopped.

"I know you're closing but my wife really wants a pizza." A man came through the door and stopped to stare at them. "Can you make us one last pizza please? I'll pay extra if I have to."

"Please? I've been eating rabbit food for months to get ready for this dress."

The man at the till looked back at the open kitchen where three of the men were smiling. "How about we make you a special pizza on the house in congratulations for your big day?"

"Really, you don't have to-"

"My pleasure. Seriously, take a seat and wait for your order."

After Nathan had given the order, he glanced back at Andy who had slumped down on the chair. He knelt in front of her and started taking of her shoes. She began to protest but he held a hand up, silencing her.

"Pumpkin, I know how you are. Just take them off and relax." He straightened up and gave her a kiss before walking back to the counter. "Can I have a bottle of water please?"

"Sure. Still or sparkling?"

"Still please." Once he had the cold bottle of water in his hands, he walked back to Andy. "Here you go baby. You've barely drank any water today." She smiled at him before pulling his arm so she could kiss him. "I love you."

"I love you too. Thank you for always looking out for me." He smiled at her before pecking her lips and going back to the counter.

"Love at first sight?"

Nathan chuckled as he glanced at Andy. She was rubbing her feet now, focussing on the imprints of the lacy shoes. "Not really. I accidentally embarrassed her in front of everyone and after that it took forever to ask her out on a date."

"Ah, my cousin Antonio was like that. Except he was the one that got embarrassed," the man said with a laugh. "Well it all paid off. Here you are on your wedding day, making your wife very happy."

"Least I can do man. She has made me the happiest man on earth. Not only me but my men and women in the firehouse." the man glanced up.

"Firefighter?"

"Yeah."

"I was one for five years!" The man chuckled as he glanced at Nathan. "It was a big fire that sent me away. I lost my leg and couldn't return to work."

"Well I must say it's an honour to meet you. And thank you for your service man." Nathan stuck a hand out and the man shook it with a smile. "Thank you."

"It was an honour to serve while I could. And I must say, the men and women who support us are something special. To be there when we have a rough call and be there to just support us."

Nathan glanced over at Andy again. "I really don't know how I would be without her." He sighed as he straightened up. His eyes went down to the counter where the man had placed a silver ring and smiled. "Married?"

"Ah yes! This is actually her family's shop. I come by and work weekends to help them out. The restaurant down the street is hers too. I cook there when they need help too."