12- Burnt

This chapter is dedicated to amourcodi. She is such a great person honestly. And you know what else if great? She is writing a book and it has firefighters! Who doesn't want to read a story about firefighters? Her book is called Trust Me so give it a read because it's actually really good ☺️ Thank you so much for your support!

 And you know what else if great? She is writing a book and it has firefighters! Who doesn't want to read a story about firefighters? Her book is called Trust Me so give it a read because it's actually really good ☺️ Thank you so much for your sup...

Frankie glanced around the room. She lifted the cushions off the sofa and sighed. Where was the phone? She straightened up when she heard the doorbell.

"That's probably Luke!" yelled Mason from the kitchen. Once she opened the door, Luke came rushing in, dropping his school bag on the floor. His lanyard around his neck jingled from his keys.

"Where's Dad?"

"Luke!" Luke turned around to face his dad. He froze for a second, seeing him pushing his way towards him. But then ran to him, pulling him into a hug. "Missed you so much!" Mason said as he kissed his cheek. "Look at you, all grown up."

"I love you Dad," he whispered.

"I love you too." His eyes closed tight as he felt his son pull him against him. Luke buried his head into his father's neck, releasing his tears. Mason kissed his temple, his own tears forming in the corner of his eyes. "Lukey...Son, it's okay. I'm here now. I'm not leaving again."

"I missed you," Luke said through his tears. "Promise me you won't go, Dad."

"I promise," he whispered. "I got you, Son. I'm not leaving you guys anymore. I'm here for you. Dad's here."

After a minute, Luke pulled away. Mason wiped his tears away and chuckled softly. Frankie stood with a hand on her heart whilst Nathan stood at the kitchen doorway with a smile.

"Listen to me, Son," Mason said with a smile, "I promise I'm not going anywhere." Luke nodded his head with a laugh. "Now tell me, did you look after your mum? Have you been making sure she's eating? She's lost a lot of weight since-"

"That is not my fault!" he said as he raised his hands in surrender. "Ever since you went, she's been crazy to loose the baby weight and she's been on his crazy diet." He heard his father laugh and smiled. He was used to him leaving for long periods of time but he really needed him for the last two years. He had so many questions he wanted to ask him. He always heard his friends talking about how their father had taught them how to fix an engine or taught them how to play football. But he didn't have that. "I took care of everyone like I promised. I became the man of the house just like you told me to. I would never let you down."

Mason smiled up at him son. "Give me a kiss!"

"Gross Dad!" Mason chuckled as he brought his head down and kissed his head. "Dad!"