17- Morning Sickness

Nathan sighed, pulling back Andy's hair. His other hand rubbed her back soothingly as she brought up her lunch. She felt her stomach churn and threw her head into the toilet bowl. Her knees were hurting against the tiled floor but her body was too occupied to move into a comfortable position.

After a few minutes, she flushed the toilet and leaned against the heater. Nathan frowned as he watched her body slump. Her hair was stuck to her head from the sweat.

"I'm sorry pump-"

"Not now," she snapped. Her eyes were closed and her breathing was hard. "Just go."

"Are you sure? You might need help getting up-"

"I'm fine!" Despite the smell, Nathan leaned forward and pressed his lips against her temple.

"I love you," he whispered. "I'll be downstairs."

* * *

Andy jolted awake. She blinked several times to figure out where she was because she knew that the bedroom would never be that bright. With a groan, she got up from the bathroom floor. Her mouth tasted foul and with the lingering smell of vomit at the back of her throat, she was almost on her knees with her head back in the toilet.

She had a long shower, taking her time to wash every part of her body properly. She reached for her back and groaned in frustration when she couldn't reach it. Recently, it had been Nathan who would scrub her back at least once a week. They would sit in the bathtub, candles lit, bubbles around them and they would either sit in silence or talk about their week.

Once dressed, she walked downstairs to find Nathan almost falling asleep on the sofa. Upon her entrance, he sat up, rubbing his eyes.

"Hey pumpkin. You feeling better?" She didn't answer. She stared at him for a few seconds, watching his frown grow. "You okay, pumpkin? Did something happen?"

"Do you still love me?" Nathan was lost for words as she walked up to him. She dropped her weight onto the sofa with a frown.

"Why would you ask that?"

"Because I've been a bitch."

He shrugged his shoulders. "You're pregnant, it's expected."

"So you agree?"

He nervously bit his lip. "Just a little...But! You are carrying our baby so you have the total right to be one." He shuffled closer to her, breathing in her scent. She never smelt the same but she always smelt amazing. "Listen to me, when we got married, I knew what was gonna happen. Not everyday is gonna be good and we have our fights and arguments but I promised you that I would stand by you when times got rough, the very same way you have done with me."

She dropped her gaze, looking at her stubbly legs. Nathan ran his hand over her leg. She waited for his hand to go back to her side but he continued running it up and down her leg. "I love you, pumpkin, I always will. I'm so sorry you have to go through so much right now. If I could then I would have taken the pain from you."

"I'm sorry about before. I just can't eat this week and I'm sick and tired of throwing up." Nathan nodded his head, keeping his gaze on her lips. He was waiting for her to go on. "And my feet are hurting me and I couldn't even work because I can't stand the sight of the food." He nodded his head again and she smiled. His head was slightly turned to the left so his ear was able to pick up the words. She placed a hand on his cheeks and his gaze rose to her eyes. Seeing the smile on her face, he smiled back, leaned in to kiss her and then leaned his forehead against hers.

"We are gonna a shit load of crackers to our room, put a movie on and I'm gonna massage your feet, okay?" She was about to protest but he leaned down to kiss her again. "No buts."