Hide and Seek

2 weeks ago, the day after Kiana left.

Alexi

Something doesn't feel right. I can feel it. I push Ashely of me and swing my legs over the edge of the bed looking for my pants. " Where are you going?" She kisses my shoulder. I shrug her off letting her know right now I don't want to be bothered.

" I need to check on Ana." I say with my back turned. I pick my pants up and put them on.

" Why are you always worried about that bitch , who killed her own daughter? Huh?" Ashley snarls out. I whip around and slap the shit out of her. " You will not speak of her in that way you hear me. And mind your own fucking business." I say. I grab my robe , I give her one final look and close the door.

" Ouch...." I pick up my foot and look at it. Probably one of them damn Legos. I pick up the source that has cause me pain. But it's not what I expect. What the fuck!?! Why would Ana take off her wedding ring.

"ANA!!" I yell through out the house. I don't smell anything cooking so she must be in her room. I run to her room and start to pound on her door.
" ANA OPEN THIS FUCKING DOOR!!!" I yell. Still no answer. Wait...this is my house if I want to go in her room I can. I open the door without hesitation.

"Ana what the....." I pause. She not in here. A matter of fact none of her stuff is in here. All the pictures she had plastered on her walls are gone. I walk over to her closet to see if her clothes were gone. There's not much missing but you can tell that someone was in a rush because there are clothes thrown around and bunched up.

This makes no sense at all. I know Ana isn't messy and she keeps her things in order so this doesn't make sense. Unless.....

" So the slut finally left?" I hear Ashely pesky voice behind. I close the closet door and push Ashley out the way. I need to find Ana. And the only person that would know what's going on is Roman. " Roman!" I yell out. At this point I don't care who wakes up from me shouting this morning.

I walk down stairs into the kitchen where he most likely will be. " Yes, boss." Roman says. " Where is Ana, I haven't seen her this morning and it looks like some of her clothes are missing." I raise my eyebrow, questioning him. See I know that he has a thing for my wife and he would do anything to protect her.

" I don't know where she is. I thought she would be coming down in a few to get started with breakfast. Maybe she's bathing the kids and getting them ready." Hmm... I didn't think of that. I hear faint pitter patter coming down the stairs it must be Emma.

Emma

She's still dress in her night clothes. That's strange. Ana knows that they need to be dress by now that way they can go to school and daycare. "Emma ..... honey where is Mrs.Kiana?
She stares at me and tears start to form in her eyes. For fucks stakes I don't need this. Why in the hell is she crying?

"Emma.... honey....why are you crying?" I say and bend down to her level. " Because.... because..." She can't even get it out. I take a deep breath I don't want to yell at her but she's pushing it.

" Because what Emma." I stare right into her eyes.
" Because Mrs. Kiana is gone" she whimpers out. Gone ? The fuck. Where could she possible go. She has no family but me and no money so where could she go.
" Did she tell you where she went?"
" She said that she's going on a trip." She says lowly. " Did she say when she is coming back." Emma shook her head. That's all I needed.

"Alright Emma." I pat her back.
" Why want you go upstairs and get dress for school." She nods her head and heads up stairs. I stand up and turn to look at Roman. He kind of looks shocked about something. "Roman...." He keeps looking into space. Like he's dazed or he's trying to avoid eye contact.